+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Green

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Artell would be better giving him the opportunity to play at Crewe but its probable that Walker would be better off getting some game time and then look for another club in January he is wasting his time with Artell at Crewe, he needs to find a club who is interested in developing him as a player and I get the impression that is not going to happen for him at Crewe.
    I would offer no criticism of Artell for not playing him ahead of, for example, Green, Wintle and Jones. Walker is yet to shine in midfield, other than coming off the bench on occasion when we have need a bit of "beef" in the middle of the park. He lacks pace and is probably not really good enough for midfield. Maybe he will return leaner and hungrier. He did ok at Centre half for us but would be behind Ray, Nolan and Ng for sure. He is a big built lad and certainly could not play with another slow centre half. He and Raynes were exposed for pace a few times as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I would offer no criticism of Artell for not playing him ahead of, for example, Green, Wintle and Jones. Walker is yet to shine in midfield, other than coming off the bench on occasion when we have need a bit of "beef" in the middle of the park. He lacks pace and is probably not really good enough for midfield. Maybe he will return leaner and hungrier. He did ok at Centre half for us but would be behind Ray, Nolan and Ng for sure. He is a big built lad and certainly could not play with another slow centre half. He and Raynes were exposed for pace a few times as I recall.
    I certainly remember Raynes being exposed for pace, it is Ok football is all about opinion and we will have to differ on this one, as for pace I think you have practically ruled out the whole squad with that argument.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12