+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brereton and Reed

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Hi mate. Good to hear from you.
    Great question? One I'd love to know the answer to aswell.
    I'm shocked we are getting such a talent. And think Forest are making a big mistake. But let's worry about him being rubbish rather than welcome him and support him. Fear, and negativity from 5 years ago.
    Yes a bit confusing on the striking department. I know Karanka is a good manager but if you watched our game on Saturday, we were woeful. And worse from the last few. He loves playing the lone man. Grabban was out injured and he put 35 year Murphy up front. He barely touched the ball twice for an hour and yes he got us the equaliser but did nothing before that.
    We have a Greek striker Velios, also not played as is Zach Clough. And Jason Cummings is now top scorer in league 1!
    We won't get Tammy Abraham but reports are we interested in 36 year old Jermain defoe!

Seriously confusing all this attacking ideas he has. But okay let's just hope he gets it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Yes a bit confusing on the striking department. I know Karanka is a good manager but if you watched our game on Saturday, we were woeful. And worse from the last few. He loves playing the lone man. Grabban was out injured and he put 35 year Murphy up front. He barely touched the ball twice for an hour and yes he got us the equaliser but did nothing before that.
    We have a Greek striker Velios, also not played as is Zach Clough. And Jason Cummings is now top scorer in league 1!
    We won't get Tammy Abraham but reports are we interested in 36 year old Jermain defoe!

Seriously confusing all this attacking ideas he has. But okay let's just hope he gets it right.
    Yeah I watched. I thought Forest looked pretty poor. Like you say, Murphy played. That's the kind of signing people here would want. Or Grabban. But it's just not the direction we are going. Unless they would buy into our ethos 100%. But we are building a squad with one eye on having a real go at promotion in the next 2 seasons. But right now, we are pretty strong.
    I think you can have too many options. And you appear to have lots of names. Some talented some not so much. But no real team spirit. Or style of play?
    Someone like Defoe is the exact type we wouldn't go for, on massive wages.

Hi mate. Good to hear from you.
    Great question? One I'd love to know the answer to aswell.
    I'm shocked we are getting such a talent. And think Forest are making a big mistake. But let's worry about him being rubbish rather than welcome him and support him. Fear, and negativity from 5 years ago.
    Champs - I'm actually getting a bit annoyed by your repeated suggestion that everyone else but you is "NEGATIVE".
    No-one has suggested that Brereton is "rubbish". I know very little about him (neither do you) because there is very little to know. He has looked very good in England Under-19 games, but we all know that performances at non-senior level don't always translate to the full, professional game.
    In addition, he has played 17 full league-games and been subbed on or off in about 35 more.
    You keep repeating that TM is building for the future. Fair enough. That is absolutely essential, but Reed - for example - won't fit into that category unless the loan turns into something permanent. Meanwhile, he will probably be ahead of one of our own "future" players - Travis.
    In any case, if Brereton is an investment for that future, what about now? Our most pressing need is for a replacement for Graham. You have said that we don't need a traditional centre-forward at all, but Mowbray has repeatedly made the point that in many games, we WILL need the hold-up target man role, currently occupied by DG.
    That is the reason I would have preferred someone who could have stepped straight in.
    If Brereton comes, I hope he turns out to be just as good as some of the reports suggest, but we will need him to PLAY - not just sit there as a foundation for "the future".
    I don't see this as negativity. In fact, it is hard to find people much more POSITIVE than me about what TM has achieved. I am simply trying to take an objective look at the current situation.
    What irritates me is your implying that anyone who questions any decision by TM is some kind of traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - I'm actually getting a bit annoyed by your repeated suggestion that everyone else but you is "NEGATIVE".
    No-one has suggested that Brereton is "rubbish". I know very little about him (neither do you) because there is very little to know. He has looked very good in England Under-19 games, but we all know that performances at non-senior level don't always translate to the full, professional game.
    In addition, he has played 17 full league-games and been subbed on or off in about 35 more.
    You keep repeating that TM is building for the future. Fair enough. That is absolutely essential, but Reed - for example - won't fit into that category unless the loan turns into something permanent. Meanwhile, he will probably be ahead of one of our own "future" players - Travis.
    In any case, if Brereton is an investment for that future, what about now? Our most pressing need is for a replacement for Graham. You have said that we don't need a traditional centre-forward at all, but Mowbray has repeatedly made the point that in many games, we WILL need the hold-up target man role, currently occupied by DG.
    That is the reason I would have preferred someone who could have stepped straight in.
    If Brereton comes, I hope he turns out to be just as good as some of the reports suggest, but we will need him to PLAY - not just sit there as a foundation for "the future".
    I don't see this as negativity. In fact, it is hard to find people much more POSITIVE than me about what TM has achieved. I am simply trying to take an objective look at the current situation.
    What irritates me is your implying that anyone who questions any decision by TM is some kind of traitor.
    Travis isn't ready. He may not need to go out on loan. Where I think Nuttall should go. But he isn't ready yet. He keeps making mistakes. Or not impacting the game . In 12 months I feel he will be ready. Same with Wharton. The rush to play these lads is nieve.

You probably won't find anyone more positive than me Auks. Not only have I backed Mowbray. I've been to almost every home and away game during his time here. And spent a fortune.

You don't have to question everything is my point. Just enjoy a game of football.

My apprehension is through 7 years of rubbish served up through poor ownership
    They got lucky and found a football man in Tony Mowbray who single handed changed fortunes and way of thinking
    Built a team on and off the pitch to be proud of but what if we lose a few on the spin and venkys get silly?
    Will they turn to cheslton?that ended well last time didn't it with the outstanding candidate.
    Sorry for treading water but I can't help but be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    My apprehension is through 7 years of rubbish served up through poor ownership
    They got lucky and found a football man in Tony Mowbray who single handed changed fortunes and way of thinking
    Built a team on and off the pitch to be proud of but what if we lose a few on the spin and venkys get silly?
    Will they turn to cheslton?that ended well last time didn't it with the outstanding candidate.
    Sorry for treading water but I can't help but be cautious.

Mowbray has been given 100% support from Venky's. That does need acknowledging.
    Millions spent on Brockhall, as Mowbray wanted a change around of pitches etc. And we have invested in the training facility in the form of an upgrade. Last winter when the likes of Wigan and Shrewsbury couldn't train in sub zero temperatures, we could as we have Premier League standard facilities.
    Waggott was brought in and he too has been excellent.
    We do so much work in the local community. Investment has been paramount to all of this.
    Any signing Mowbray has gone for, he has been backed 100%.
    We have been backed throughout the club from top to bottom.
    If anything, the two who are holding back are Waggott and Mowbray who both understand the financial restraints.
    Mowbray has been given funds to create an effective scouting network, which costs money.
    All Venky's do is keep quiet, back the manager financially, and stay out of the way. Perfect.

Personally I fully expect people who claim to follow Rovers will start to moan once we inevitably lose matches. That's a sad fact of life. There will be people sat waiting for us to fail, so they can say 'told you so'.
    We won't learnt anything about the lads right now. You never do when all is going well. We will learn a lot more once we start to suffer form wise. Of course we will lose matches, and that's fine.

But bit by bit I just think most who go now, accept the previous mistakes by the owners. While nobody forgets, its also relevant to see mistakes where made. And they appear to have learnt from them.

Quite often you 'land' on a manager. Manchester United certainly fell on Ferguson. Unless I missed the press conference on his arrival saying he was going to bring 28 years of solid success to a club who had experienced absolutely nothing for 27 years!!
    England certainly fell on Southgate.
    They had just employed one of the worst in football in Allardyce. Who happened to get caught and sacked for being an idiot. Then by complete fluke they found Southgate.
    In the summer on our way to the semi's I cant recall all the England fans saying 'I refuse to celebrate England getting to a semi because they 'fell' on Southgate'
    It would be like saying 'I refuse to watch and support England vrs Columbia ....Sweden ....Croatia ....because the FA once employed Cappello and Hodgson a instead of supporting them now, I am going to sit and bide my time and wait until it looks like failing ......'
    NO England fan did that.
    No Man Utd fan did that.
    No Rovers fan should be doing that.

What's happened in the past, is in the past. It's about the here and now. And in football, there are endless examples of things changing, mostly its by complete fluke.
    Southgate for England, Fergie for Man U ...Mowbray for Rovers.
    It is what it is, we can sit and worry. Or we can just embrace what is happening. Not forget, nobody is saying that. But leave the past where it is?

We didn't spend the summer talking about Woy Hodgson and losing to Iceland and being diabolical in recent tournaments. We spent it talking about all the positives. And talking up Southgate.

I feel it should be the same for your club team. Employ the exact same feelings and logic.

If we keep Mowbray, keep supporting him, keep backing him, we will get to see the young, fast and exciting team he is building. Of great lads, who you can buy into. Because they work damn hard.
    And Mowbray is a very respectful guy, who doesn't just buy a footballer, but invests in a person. That's why things are going so well.

I think the past needs to be left firmly in the past.

There is one really poor thing at BRFC at the moment. The piss poor crowds that don't match our ambition, and success on the pitch. The fans at home from the Blackburn area are an embarrasment, and holding us back massively.

Couldn't agree more champs
    Great post/rally call sadly the worrying decisions that have happened in the past are never far from the thoughts of the Blackburn fans
    I am currently proud to walk about with the red rose on my chest but it's always in the back of my mind VENKYS
    They are listening and backing and that's great as long as they keep listening and have no ideas above their station.

That's why I had such an issue with everyone jumping on the England bandwagon in the summer. Without question, forgetting the past.

Then it comes to their club, and they cant employ the same logic or reason.

That's why I had such an issue with everyone jumping on the England bandwagon in the summer. Without question, forgetting the past.

Then it comes to their club, and they cant employ the same logic or reason.
    Although, even on the Telegraph site, the positive posters now greatly outnumber the negative ones. In fact, several of the latter are now noticeable for their absence!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Although, even on the Telegraph site, the positive posters now greatly outnumber the negative ones. In fact, several of the latter are now noticeable for their absence!

I heard a guy moaning on Saturday sat in the Riverside.
    A loan voice, complaining about this and that. He doesn't like the fact we play with 2 holding midfielders. And would not shut up about it.
    People who are eager to concentrate on being negative are being forced into begrudgingly acknowledging we are doing well. They are waiting patiently for a bad result to jump back in. Such is life sadly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)