+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idrissa sylla

Idrissa sylla

We have made an approach for the queens park rangers forward
    With nakki wells joining them he has fallen down the pecking order.
    Even though he will help the cause I think I would of preferred nakki wells.

I've heard about this. He played for Anderlecht. Big 6tf odd strikers quite useful. May not be an out and out starter, but could be useful to have around?

This Harrison Reed from Southampton can play across the midfield, but played RB for Norwich in the 2nd half of the season due to injury. He can play in 4 positions Mowbray said (giving cover for Nyambe aswell) so from that aspect, it maybe makes sense.

Rodwell interestingly, according to Mowbray, was signed as a centre half. The lad says it's his best position, and Mowbray agrees. He also provides cover for midfield.

Idrissa Sylla?
    Looks like an anagram.
    I've been reading through his record, though, and it's not a ridiculous idea, if we're talking about a squad-player.
    Like many strikers, his form has been very up-and-down, but he's a big, athletic lad, and he could well be a threat if used as a half-hour substitute for Graham. Another player who could win lay-offs for Dack and Armstrong too.
    Having said that, Nuttall must have given TM food for thought on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Idrissa Sylla?
    Looks like an anagram.
    I've been reading through his record, though, and it's not a ridiculous idea, if we're talking about a squad-player.
    Like many strikers, his form has been very up-and-down, but he's a big, athletic lad, and he could well be a threat if used as a half-hour substitute for Graham. Another player who could win lay-offs for Dack and Armstrong too.
    Having said that, Nuttall must have given TM food for thought on Wednesday.
    I do like the big athletic types, as you know.. Purely in a football sense, I should stress..!

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I do like the big athletic types, as you know.. Purely in a football sense, I should stress..!
    What else?!!!

I think back to Marcus bent and Jason Roberts as the perfect examples of the type that did great jobs for us during their time at the club. If sylla is a similar type, I'd be all for it.

According to the Telegraph, this is now to be classified as yet another rumour with no foundation. Roll on the 31st!

But the same report states we are still trying to sign Brereton.

It could be nice to try and stay around this position in the league. But the feeling is we should get back down the table where we belong. It would be too scary for some to go for it

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    But the same report states we are still trying to sign Brereton.

It could be nice to try and stay around this position in the league. But the feeling is we should get back down the table where we belong. It would be too scary for some to go for it
    Champs, I have no idea what that means. Every football supporter would prefer to be high in the league, rather than low.
    In terms of team-progress, however, you seem to be making an assumption that any change is for the better. I have lived a long life, and I can assure you...that is not a given!
    In football terms, we showed what we can do with spirit on Saturday. We need to get technically better, of course, but I don't have your implicit faith that a 19-year-old will automatically make a massive difference. Apart from anything else, whose place will he take?
    Can you give a direct pointer to the Rovers supporters who have stated we "we should get back down the table where we belong"?
    I think you are being extreme. Not everyone is going to see things exactly the way you do. That does not make them "fearful" or "unambitious" or whatever.
    I would be delighted to get promotion because it represents success. It certainly would not thrill me, however, because of it involving promotion to the PL. I have enjoyed the Championship games I have watched this season (not just Rovers) - partly because many of them are competitive and even. I'm not so keen on being in a League where there is a huge divide between the top six and the rest.

The championship is a great division.. Look at our disappointment of reading giving us a tougher game than expected.. Then they go to villa and do the same.

Its hard to decide what is a bad result!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)