+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OGC Nice 0 Dijon 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OGC Nice 0 Dijon 4

The decline of Chien Lee's OGC Nice continues. The inevitable result of three seasons of selling the best players is the decline from European Champions League status to now being a place above the relegation zone with just 1 point.

The once proud club were humiliated at home this weekend 0-4 by Dijon (who were mustard on the day).

A profit has been recorded in the accounts in each of the three seasons of Chien Lee's ownership.

He's still kept an interest in lots of players though.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The decline of Chien Lee's OGC Nice continues. The inevitable result of three seasons of selling the best players is the decline from European Champions League status to now being a place above the relegation zone with just 1 point.

The once proud club were humiliated at home this weekend 0-4 by Dijon (who were mustard on the day).

A profit has been recorded in the accounts in each of the three seasons of Chien Lee's ownership.
    I'd hate that to happen at this club SB , must be hard to take as a Nice fan seeing your best players sold and the team dropping down the league like a stone and the owners profiting from it with little regard for the supporters .

I agree.

I saw that one of Chien's recent sales this summer, Jean Michael Seri, was running the game for Fulham yesterday.
    Nice fans have gone through a cycle of initial giddiness and excitement at the time of Chien's takeover, anticipation and hope for a while, then puzzlement, now disillusion and protest. They say it's the hope that kills you

All I say is be careful what you wish for.

( I was aware of the Cryne dig Animal )

Move on. Live life in the present.

I agree.

I saw that one of Chien's recent sales this summer, Jean Michael Seri, was running the game for Fulham yesterday.
    Nice fans have gone through a cycle of initial giddiness and excitement at the time of Chien's takeover, anticipation and hope for a while, then puzzlement, now disillusion and protest. They say it's the hope that kills you

All I say is be careful what you wish for.

The thing is are Nice simply balancing the books and it's as simple as that SB , is there any evidence at the moment that Chien is profiting personally from the sales of their better players ?.

Big Chien couldn't give a shiny sh1te abart a few hundred thousand here and there Animal. He will earn that much in interest in a few days just doing nowt but leave his brass in the bank. He just makes sure the football club(s) are not costing him owt. It's the false hope that I am wary of Animal. Nice fans are further down the line than us.
    A still can't fathom the central question Animal. Why the **** ezzi bought Barnsley FC ? We all ev different opinions abart the new owners. The only two significant facts so far on his CV are--

1. Morais was appointed at his club

2 His club ez been relegated

We are now trying to recover from those things.

I’m ok with how they are running the club upto now apart from the stupid appointment of Morais and now that Beane seems to have disappeared for now . I like the fact that they aren’t spending daft money that would more than likely be put on as debts that the actual club would owe like most foreign owners do nowadays .

Why they bought the club who knows but it’s just a really small investment in the scheme of things for them so just adding to their portfolio of businesses and some of them seem to be real football fans as well .

Big Chien couldn't give a shiny sh1te abart a few hundred thousand here and there Animal. He will earn that much in interest in a few days just doing nowt but leave his brass in the bank. He just makes sure the football club(s) are not costing him owt. It's the false hope that I am wary of Animal. Nice fans are further down the line than us.
    A still can't fathom the central question Animal. Why the **** ezzi bought Barnsley FC ? We all ev different opinions abart the new owners. The only two significant facts so far on his CV are--

1. Morais was appointed at his club

2 His club ez been relegated

We are now trying to recover from those things.
    The club were relegated because we didn't acquire good enough players last summer SB under the old ownership , the die was cast then in my opinion and the number of players we needed to recruit , lack of experience and budget gave us far too much to do .

We replaced our better players with inferior one's and paid the price , although in all fairness they may have an opportunity next season at championship level with the benefit of development and confidence levels to make a better fist of it .

It's unfair and without credible balance not to acknowledge the previous ownership's responsibility with regard to the club playing in league one this season .

Far too much money left the business and ended up in one families bank account in my opinion SB , way too much .

I'm not against anyone getting their money back and neither do I have trouble with a return for time served and risk to their capital but it went beyond that in my opinion and we are where we are because of that .

In fact I'm not against ownership profiting considerably just as long as the team doesn't suffer on the field , if the Cryne family profited significantly from selling the club to Chien and co and we were now half way up the championship table I probably wouldn't be posting this .

The way the team suffered as a result of the Cryne family profiting personally left a bitter taste in my mouth .

I'm surprised you don't feel the same way SB given your fears surrounding Chien at Nice as I personally find it hard to distinguish between our former owner and your fears regarding the new one's .

We have rehearsed these arguments ovva and ovva ageean Animal and we will never probably fully agree. I put more weight on Cryne's role immediately after administration when other potential owners were coughing and turning their backs and on his quiet bankrolling of the club over 14 years. These Flash 'Arry's ev been here a few months and all ev seen so far ez been the c0ck up appointing Morais and us being relegated. I hope for better things starting with no more sales of players this week as Conway promised the other week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast