+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manager or Club ?

Manager or Club ?

When the bookies make you favourites for promotion they must rate that team.
    Who do the team then play for is it the manager or the club ? All this kissing the badge is it genuine do they care for the club?or are playing for who's in charge?
    The team we have is better then ever now we have an attack and 3rd best defence in the league.In 2017 KN had 50% win rate compared with 30% this year.So what's happened.What's different this year with a strengthen team?

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymag View Post
    Who do the team then play for is it the manager or the club ? All this kissing the badge is it genuine do they care for the club?or are playing for who's in charge?
    The team we have is better then ever now we have an attack and 3rd best defence in the league.In 2017 KN had 50% win rate compared with 30% this year.So what's happened.What's different this year with a strengthen team?
    The team was strengthened considerable in attacking positions but not in defence or midfield, where we have plenty of players, but not the right type.

Players play for the manager. If you ever doubted it, look at the improvements Neil Warnock achieves virtually everywhere he goes, often with largely the same players he inherited. If players like and trust the manager, they will buy into the project, and if it is successful for a long time, then they might truly buy into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymag View Post
    Bookies don't make anyone favourites the punters do. So it's not necessarily a result of detailed analysis. Doesn't change your point though. In my youth players seemed to have 'a club'. Posters stayed on my bedroom wall for years and they were still with the same club and became known as X of XX FC. These days they stay where they can maximise their income so I don't think they are loyal to anyone. And it works both ways of course.

Anything can look good on paper , this team simply isn't good enough . The balance is totally wrong . No amount of 'giving the team time to gel' will work with this lot and the blame lies firmly at Nolan's door. I was for giving him more time but I'm now happy he's gone . We have been Sooooooooooooo bad in the 4 games I have seen ( only missed the Cambridge game ) that I think we are lucky to have even one point. Without getting bods in and getting the balance right , it's the conference for us next season.
    Last edited by navypie; 26-08-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The team was strengthened considerable in attacking positions but not in defence or midfield, where we have plenty of players, but not the right type.ŷi

Players play for the manager. If you ever doubted it, look at the improvements Neil Warnock achieves virtually everywhere he goes, often with largely the same players he inherited. If players like and trust the manager, they will buy into the project, and if it is successful for a long time, then they might truly buy into the club.
    I Agree, players do play for the Manager and the reason that Warnock achieves success is because like many other managers, he has the ability to manage the players, he knows their strengths and weaknesses (not just on the pitch) and uses that knowledge to get the best from them. The best managers are in fact 'people-managers' and this applies in all walks of life, good teachers interact well with their pupils - good bosses work well with employees etc. Too many times has Nolan 'punished' the players after a poor result by cancelling days off etc, this is not the way to manage people and if you don't manage them you lose them!. How often have we heard players say "I'd have run through a brick wall for him" often referring to the likes of Shankly, Clough and Warnock etc.
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 26-08-2018 at 03:17 PM.