+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Against Fulham disgusting Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    No not the players, But the Board should be.
    My comments were made in repsponse to this statement:- "........Today the players should be ashamed. ........"

We should have strengthen a lot more than we did, but I do think we are getting found out tactically. Which as well as he has done for us, comes down to the manager.

Firstly our current formation isn't doing us any favours. One up front isn't working, it leaves us with a mountain to climb when we go behind, and whoever the striker is isolated. Secondly, our midfield has too much of a defensive bias, and needs a lot more attacking flair. Its makes our whole setup offensively very negative.

In my opinion, Sean has got some tough decisions to make on personnel to try and readdress the balance. Despite the in it together mantra, and his slant towards being loyal to certain players. It really is time for him to get to business as it were.

Personally, even though he has done ok I'd consider taking Westwood out of the midfield and drop Hendrick back into a more traditional central attacking midfield role. He obviously is trying his best, but he isn't a number 10 and I get the feeling he doesn't want to be playing as far up the pitch. The idea being that it gives us a more attacking look from central midfield. Having Westwood and Cork in there together makes us too defensive. Then put on the extra forward, whether it be Barnes/Vydra/Vokes.

I'd love to be able to take Lennon out, because he's chuffing useless. But, that probably can't happen at the moment until Brady comes back.

That might just give us a little more of an attacking look, and a bit more chance of winning games.

Like I said last week.. Based on what I have witnessed in the first 5 games both Europa and Prem... We are going to get some right spankings this season. If Watford can put 3 past us and Fulham 4 then God help us with Liverpool, Man City, Spurs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    We should have strengthen a lot more than we did, but I do think we are getting found out tactically. Which as well as he has done for us, comes down to the manager.

Firstly our current formation isn't doing us any favours. One up front isn't working, it leaves us with a mountain to climb when we go behind, and whoever the striker is isolated. Secondly, our midfield has too much of a defensive bias, and needs a lot more attacking flair. Its makes our whole setup offensively very negative.

In my opinion, Sean has got some tough decisions to make on personnel to try and readdress the balance. Despite the in it together mantra, and his slant towards being loyal to certain players. It really is time for him to get to business as it were.

Personally, even though he has done ok I'd consider taking Westwood out of the midfield and drop Hendrick back into a more traditional central attacking midfield role. He obviously is trying his best, but he isn't a number 10 and I get the feeling he doesn't want to be playing as far up the pitch. The idea being that it gives us a more attacking look from central midfield. Having Westwood and Cork in there together makes us too defensive. Then put on the extra forward, whether it be Barnes/Vydra/Vokes.

I'd love to be able to take Lennon out, because he's chuffing useless. But, that probably can't happen at the moment until Brady comes back.

That might just give us a little more of an attacking look, and a bit more chance of winning games.
    And you haven't addressed why we are all over the place in defence, and set pieces! The defensive personal have not changed, and as you suggest we are actually playing more defensive with cork, Westwood, and Hendrick... But yet we let in 10 in 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    So if a player does not give 100% but is good technically you will accept that, however, you will not accept that a player who is perhaps not the most technical player but gives his all is not doing his job.
    We have what is available at the moment and there is nothing you can do about that except support them and accept that they give it 100%, I have seen teams in the past that have not come anywhere near giving it their best shot and there were some who were better players.

I see no reason why the players should be ashamed, they lost a game of football against Fulham, who have beaten us 9 times at Craven Cottage in our last 12 visits, mnd you we did win once in the Championship in 2016 but the last time we won a top division game at the Cottage was December 1965. It's only a game.
    But they did give 100% there was not a lack of effort... did you watch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    But they did give 100% there was not a lack of effort... did you watch the game?
    I watched the game on a stream and I have no crticism of the players, however, you said "......giving 100% is what I expect of my 6 year old on a Saturday morning.. I think the Premier league is a bit more technical that that! ...." which intimates exactly what I said in response to your statement and also to Lancaster saying that the players should be ashamed of themselves.
    I never get uptight about a game of football, never have and never will.

I watched the game on a stream and I have no crticism of the players, however, you said "......giving 100% is what I expect of my 6 year old on a Saturday morning.. I think the Premier league is a bit more technical that that! ...." which intimates exactly what I said in response to your statement and also to Lancaster saying that the players should be ashamed of themselves.
    I never get uptight about a game of football, never have and never will.
    Did any player not give it 100%? If so, that is the name of the game, if not then that is not acceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Its not the name of the game is it! You have a manager that creates a method of playing, chooses who plays, buys players to improve the team... giving 100% is what I expect of my 6 year old on a Saturday morning.. I think the Premier league is a bit more technical that that!
    What are you talking about, I replied to your first nonsence comment "Did any player not give it 100%? If so, that is the name of the game, if not then that is not acceptable"

My reply was there is more to the game at this level than giving 100% as that is the bare minimum i expect from my 6 year old son...

So it be crystal clear: yes the Burnley Lads gave 100%, was it enough No! hence there is more to the game!!

Ok --I was summoned for my meal and now realise that what I meant to type was "Did every player give 100% etc., etc.
    Please accept my apology for misleading you, I hope that nobody died because of my typo, I shall give myself a *******ing and take my time in future and emerge from the darkness into the light.

Attack is the best form of defence 😉

Although I started this thread all the anguish has now gone and all I have to say to all is we must support the team the Manager and the board. If we don't we just contribute to the negativity to which I am one. But come on lets give the team the most vocal support we can and hopefully that will raise the spirits around the place. Yes it will be tough but lets give it all we have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)