+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Threatening, Wrist Slashing, Samaritans Rubbish

Life Threatening, Wrist Slashing, Samaritans Rubbish

Its Burnley Football Club we support, whether we are playing well or not, its our team and we have a right to praise or vent our Spleen on here.

What the hell does Life Threatening, Wrist Slashing and Samaritan Rubbish have to do with it ?

Vent away old lad

We dont all have to think the same though!

Nobody said we should think alike Casper, I enjoy debates with folk who differ from my views, but the title of the thread really does not have anything to do with it does it ?

picture a young BT - Alto.

Dodger

The title of the thread that I responded to is "Is anyone still optimistic about this season?"

It is a call out to anyone who feels positive about where we are. Listen Alto we have 1 point from a possible 9 - it's not feckin brilliant is it but hey its not time to be whinging and whining about "How useless!" we are etc etc. We dont play pretty football by and large but it is massively succesful up to this point. If by Christmas we are marooned in the bottom 3 then I will gladly be a little concewrned if that makes you feel better but as supersub says " Its only a game!"

We have a right to moan, the same as we had the right to be proud and show off after finishing 7th and getting into Europe.

I said after our great season last year that although we finished 7th we had about a dozen games where we played very poorly and even a few we won we was lucky, and to improve this we had to improve the Squad and team, this has hardly been touched and now we are paying the penalty for it.

It might be only a game Casper/Sub, but I have supported BFC since childhood as most have, I have praised them when they do well, get frustrated when they draw/lose and even win, and vent my spleen when I see (as others do) that we are playing with fire trying to stay in the Big money league with the sub standard of recruitment to bolster the team/squad.

I don't expect to steamroll every team, but I do expect better overall performances than the 8 games we have witnessed so far, which has followed on from the end of last season.

Its not a game anymore, its a business and Garlick and Co have messed up IMO.

Alto - of course you do. You are entitled. Carry on.

I have a right to moan at those that moan if I feel they are being moaning fannys.

Sorry alto --according to Collins Dictionary:- "Football is a game played by two teams of eleven players using a round ball. Players kick the ball to each other and try to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net."
    No mention of business, it is only a game whether you play at Under 7 stage or Internationally and the object is the same for each team ---to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sorry alto --according to Collins Dictionary:- "Football is a game played by two teams of eleven players using a round ball. Players kick the ball to each other and try to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net."
    No mention of business, it is only a game whether you play at Under 7 stage or Internationally and the object is the same for each team ---to score goals by kicking the ball into a large net.
    Unfortunately The nets we are attacking, are not large enough.

Moaning fannys or happy clapping fannys, its just different opinions Casper.

As well you know Sub, before it was spoilt, Football was a game all fans enjoyed, even the players played for the shirt and enjoyment, now its littered with prima donnas focused on nothing more than fame and £'s.

Garlick got lucky with Dyche and in doing so has lifted us to heights we never thought we'd achieve, but now it seems he's out of his depth with handling a bigger ship, as I've said before I hope I'm wrong and I get egg on my face, but the future looks bleak, and its only my opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)