+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The solution(or start of it)

The solution(or start of it)

Get back to keeping clean sheets. If it means settling for a few 0-0s, that's the way to go.

Simple eh?

That’s how we started Saxo, then the leak started and it’s becoming a flood.
    I don’t understand why but the old ways have been rumbled.
    Limited alternative options as Gibson didn’t get on, Long not on the bench.
    Vydra not on the bench and Sam and Ash not clicking up front.

Looking like Joey is crocked won’t help. Hope Robbie is back soon ... and D4

Back to a proper 4-4-2 would be my suggestion, but now JBG is injured and with Lennon firing blanks, we are in a spot of bother it would seem?

Try something new, not the predictable formula we dish up. Start Vokes and Vydra, Barnes as sub. Wood needs to go into the room of mirrors and have a good hard look at himself. Start Heaton. Pray for the Pope. Hendrick - I am having real trouble liking his play - and then he scores one today. Piss Lowton off, about as hard as margarine. Bring in Kevin Long. Here's an idea, maybe Scott Arfield could be brought in? Oh, that's right. Finally, send the scouts to Europe now to pick up a January surprise packet. I say again, try something new.

Scotty is making Rangers fans happy Oz.
    It’s as much the tactics as the players. Nothing seems to come from the training ground and everything is predictable. No one makes runs, no one tries through passes it’s often put it high into the box and hope. Wood stands offside at every set play and often is pulled up for it. Our play is not exciting just predictable cross field passing. No penetration at all.
    Joe did nothing wrong as much as I could see. Their first was curled across him the next too were high balls that gave Mitrovic the edge on our defenders and the last Joe touched onto the post before it rebounded to Schurrle. He made a number of good saves. Tom was no better in Greece.
    We need some better dead ball options so that’s back to the training ground.

We don’t have the personell to play 4-4-2 properly.
    You need pace and to be able to hold the ball in the oppositions last third . We can’t do that.
    Imo and I’ve said it before Ward s legs have gone and as much as he tries to do the job ie overlap at one end and get back and defend at the other he simply can’t.
    Centrally Westwood tries hard but hasn’t the confidence nor conviction to pick the pass that’s needed, incidentally if we’re picking on wide men and most of you are pointing the finger at Lennon Jbg has large spells in games where he’s missing but that never seems to get picked up on. Lennon at least constantly makes runs in behind the full backs ( very rarely gets the ball).
    We are stuck in a bit of a rut , Wood needs a goal and soon ( he’s the only one who’s mobile) but our other options are in the same boat Vokes and Barnes, it’s a viscious circle all of the three need good ball delivered from wide positions but as we’ve just identified that isn’t happening so the cycle continues.
    It’s too much for Cork centrally Thursday and Sunday ( he’s a class act ) but it’s a bridge too far.

We should have recruited - I posted way back about being progressive and what we came up against yesterday was a team that is exactly that.

"We should have recruited - I posted way back about being progressive and what we came up against yesterday was a team that is exactly that."

They didn't get back into Manchester at 5.00am on Friday morning and then have to travel to London either!

Bt , there is no excuse for Europa football and travel .
    We are in it ( till Thursday at least anyway ) and we simply didn’t recruit and be as I said progressive, we stood still and let all the others gain momentum.
    This league simply isn’t like that it doesn’t allow complacency you can’t switch off for a second or your punished never mind not get players to strengthen the squad.

Our fault I’m afraid no one else’s—— your watching the games like me BT I’m presuming you are anyway but like me you can surely see we run out of steam centrally , defence is under pressure steps out and starts doing things out of character and we concede silly goals.
    Plus if you add there are championship players who are fringe players really who are playing games.

I’m not negative Bt I love the club but it annoys me that we chose not to dip our toe in the water when we have the finances to do so - I don’t want the kitchen sink thrown at it I just wanted progression a move forward from last season where we admittedly over achieved, however Dyche has problems for the first time I think as physically we can’t compete

Even if we had recruited more the issues would be the same, travel, tactics with more players needing to slot in, shorter times for preparing the next game, maybe even running two different teams.
    We played Saturday Tuesday in 46 games in the Championship plus early rounds of the EFL cup with a squad the same size. That didn’t kill us so why should 38 plus 6 so far kill us now?

Different animal altogether the championship Oc, I get what your saying but if you look at the other clubs in the league and see what level of player they have signed surely you can see our problem.
    Like I said we are not progressive we thought that because it worked last year that it would automatically carry on working this year, it’s complacency on our part as we now have to travel around Europe play football at a totally different tempo come back and re adjust to the premiership with a thin in adequate squad.
    ( there is more to it than playing two games a week like in the championship just not the same at all ).
    I’m hopefull we’ll pick up but the level of opposition has upped there game so I’m a little worried tbh.

Going Thursday though secretly I’m thinking we’d be better of out of the competition.

Our squad isn’t big enough nor enough quality available in it at the minute.
    Last edited by army88; 28-08-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)