+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manning or Towell?

Manning or Towell?

I enjoyed watching Towell energise our team last season but I'm delighted with the signing of Manning.

I can only see Manning getting better as he gets more game time. The only fear I have is that we end up in a keifer Moore situation and he gets recalled by QPR and then sold.

Out of the two I would go for Manning.

Manning.

Forget about Towell Warney, move on and get another player

Think towell may regret not coming here. It's like you say millertop. We need to move on anyway and get a different style of midfielder more frexish. I would be surprised if he is happy to rot in brightons reserves but if he is happy to do that just allegedly for money then he ain't a warney player anyway.

Ryan Manning for me.
    We've met our impasse on Towell and failed so far, time to move on. RT may still be injured from late July which could be a reason why no other clubs have signed him yet. He won't want to play reserve team football.

Another youngster to look at....Todd Cantwell from Norwich, midfielder , not certain Norwich would allow him out on loan. TC was on loan at Dutch side Fortuna Sittard from January to end of last season.

It's a long while till January especially with the small squad of players we have.

Still need another midfielder and a left-back.

We do need to strengthen mid field but forget Towell now he aint coming.

I'm a big Richie Towell fan,to be honest,i wish we had them both,Manning is a very good player.

Ryan Manning for me and forget about Towell. They are too similar in style anyway and we need a midfield destroyer now.
    The problem with all of this is that none of these players are ours and our midfield could be ripped apart in January.
    It's a dangerous game building a key area of the team on foundations of sand.

Surely it's not as simple as one or the other.
    What if RM gets injured or a straight red card or hits a dip in form
    Even though it's a season long loan he might be recalled in Jan.
    Either way it's a long season

Towell at NYS this afternoon. You heard it here first

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast