+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Fitba Facts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    You really need to look up fascist in the dictionary if you think Thatcher was one.

I never mentioned Thatcher ( although I understand why to jumped to that conclusion) I just meant the English.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I never mentioned Thatcher ( although I understand why to jumped to that conclusion) I just meant the English.
    It was her government you were taliking about, so I don't see a difference.

Anyway by throwing the word fascism around, you are trivialising the horror of real fascism and the millions of people slaughtered by Hitler.

Anyway by throwing the word fascism around, you are trivialising the horror of real fascism and the millions of people slaughtered by Hitler.

Yaasss min, that's me trivialising again.

I've tried to give it up but ach, a wee bit of trivialisation does you good.

Mind you, do you fancy hazarding a guess how many people have died keeping the English in their habit of Empire building.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 28-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.

You really need to look up fascist in the dictionary if you think Thatcher was one.
    Given my total ignorance of history, political philosophy, and erm...ither related stuff, I used a well-known search engine to clarify the definition.

“Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe”, and would suggest that, hand-in-hand with Iain MacGregor, the UK’s PM ticked all those boxes during the Miners’ Strike in 1984-85, with the ultranationalism indicator fulfilled during the previously-discussed Falkland War.

Next?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It’s a peach

Up there with another poster denying he’s the type to force feed plastic to penguins

It was an opportunistic move by Thatcher to rescue herself from oblivion. It worked in England anyway which was more than enough to keep her in power.

her use of the police in the miners strike was identical to how an authoritarian regime would deal with legitimate civil unrest. She may not have been a fascist in the purest sense of the word but the c unt gave a fairly good impression of one at times.

Giuseppe Bergomi played in four World Cups 82,86,90,98 but never played in a qualifier in his career

He was a last min addition due to injuries in 82

Italy were holders in 86

Italy were Hosts in 90

He was a surprise old man(34) pick for 98

Celtics Europa League group is home to three league champions

Yet no group in the Champions League has three league winners in it

Just f@cking wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Celtics Europa League group is home to three league champions

Yet no group in the Champions League has three league winners in it

Just f@cking wrong
    Thats a mental stat,shaking ma heid right now