+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hello hello hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I haven't seen owt from Napoleon on theer Ronaldo. Soz mate.UTCB
    Napoleon? A failure (and a prat)! He lost. My heroes, Genghiz, Tamerlane and Stalin all came from humble beginnings, rose to rule over vast areas of the world, and all died peacefully in their beds. BUT all had an unpleasant side to their natures - and were foreign.
    My CHILDHOOD heroes were all jolly good British chaps. Clean living, brave and totally trustworthy! Everything I’ve always aspired to.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Napoleon? A failure (and a prat)! He lost. My heroes, Genghiz, Tamerlane and Stalin all came from humble beginnings, rose to rule over vast areas of the world, and all died peacefully in their beds. BUT all had an unpleasant side to their natures - and were foreign.
    My CHILDHOOD heroes were all jolly good British chaps. Clean living, brave and totally trustworthy! Everything I’ve always aspired to.
    Don't think Stalin had a quiet end.

Billy did well in that sequence of Brazilian type football.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Don't think Stalin had a quiet end.
    Officially, he died of natural causes (brain haemorrhage), an unpleasant death, but at least in his own bed.
    Although it is impossible to be certain, I think it unlikely that Beria’s later claim to having murdered him has much validity.
    It is possible that a doctor, concerned about Stalin’s latest purge (on Jewish doctors) may have used warfarin on him, but that too is impossible to verify. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I’ll go along with the official verdict as most likely - especially in the light of Stalin’s excessive consumption of vodka over many years.
    I suspect, we will never know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I only mentioned Napoleon cos it was a long time ago like your youth days mi owd pal,that's why i said soz. D'ya think Mourhino's in trouble at Manure mate? 3-0 loss at home to Spurs.UTCB