+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello hello hello

Billy did well in that sequence of Brazilian type football.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Don't think Stalin had a quiet end.
    Officially, he died of natural causes (brain haemorrhage), an unpleasant death, but at least in his own bed.
    Although it is impossible to be certain, I think it unlikely that Beria’s later claim to having murdered him has much validity.
    It is possible that a doctor, concerned about Stalin’s latest purge (on Jewish doctors) may have used warfarin on him, but that too is impossible to verify. In the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I’ll go along with the official verdict as most likely - especially in the light of Stalin’s excessive consumption of vodka over many years.
    I suspect, we will never know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Napoleon? A failure (and a prat)! He lost. My heroes, Genghiz, Tamerlane and Stalin all came from humble beginnings, rose to rule over vast areas of the world, and all died peacefully in their beds. BUT all had an unpleasant side to their natures - and were foreign.
    My CHILDHOOD heroes were all jolly good British chaps. Clean living, brave and totally trustworthy! Everything I’ve always aspired to.
    I only mentioned Napoleon cos it was a long time ago like your youth days mi owd pal,that's why i said soz. D'ya think Mourhino's in trouble at Manure mate? 3-0 loss at home to Spurs.UTCB

I thought it were summat I said. Took me years to eventually get round to joining up & all of a sudden everyone f#cks off!!

My most beloved Historical leaders were Caesar, Alexander The Great & Hanibal who came so very close to winning away at Rome (think he lost on penaltys) & changing the course of World history.
    Also Churchill who was so much more than just Leader in WW2. Read his full life story: the man was involved in wars in India, the Sudan with Kitchener, South Africa (where he was captured & escaped during the Boar war) & Europe in WW1 where he volunteered for frontline duty after his demise as Lord of the Admiralty.

Yep I too am a Geek.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    I thought it were summat I said. Took me years to eventually get round to joining up & all of a sudden everyone f#cks off!!
    Do not despair H, but join us on v...l blades. We’re (nearly) all “geeks” over there.

Churchill lost his post of Lord of the Admiralty due to his utter failure in the Gallipoli fiasco where he was advised not to pursue the campaign but went ahead anyway. This resulted in a huge and disastrous battle with a catastrophic loss of lives.
    Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Do not despair H, but join us on v...l blades. We’re (nearly) all “geeks” over there.
    P.S. Or we could keep Blades Mad going, just for historical discussions.

Yes, what century shall we start at?

hitler had some ball. one fatal mistake ,the ruskis. once he had done us. regroup then concentrated all his efforts on the ruskis at the beginning of spring he would have become the greatest of them all. just one mistake cost him the champions league

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast