+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampden or Murrayfield ?

The sheer fact that this countries national stadium is in a sh1thole hoosing scheme in f ucking glasgow is absolutely f ucking ridic!!!

Should be a national stadium in the Capital, i.e. murrayfield or a new venue in say Stirling. Why the f uck does that spunkhole glagow need 3 x 50k+ stadiums? it f ucking doesnt.

Only think is we will always be stuck with Hampden as the sfa will never vote to leave glasgow.

Murrayfield is crap, why should it be moved from Glasgow???

Would be a disgrace if it was moved from Hampden, that is Scottish football's home whether people here in the east like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Murrayfield is crap, why should it be moved from Glasgow???

Would be a disgrace if it was moved from Hampden, that is Scottish football's home whether people here in the east like it or not
    Its a disgrace its there in the first place! why should it be Glasgow? whats Glasgow got other places doesnt except more minks?

National stadium, not in the capital, in a built up house scheme with poor access routes into it, it's f ucking sh1te.

That's your opinion, some of those games I posted earlier in the thread aswell as many great times with United day otherwise (the a lot tangerine would buy have looked as good anywhere else yacc that day in 2010), the noise at some of those goals can not be replicated anywhere else, when Barry Ferguson equalised vs Italy in 2007 I've never heard a noise or seen reaction that can match it before or since... anywhere not just in Scotland

Poor access routes??? Lol that myth getting peddled, no worse than Edinburgh, weak reason to piss on all that history, lack of respect imo

Glasgow is a football city, our biggest city, working class and where Scotland national team played the first ever international back in 1872, somethings just happen naturally and Hampden became our home and what a tradition and history it has now (Inc all European attendance records) , one I'm proud of as a Scottish football fan, Edinburgh is where the national Rugby stadium is and nowhere near as football daft as Glasgow

Dundee is has fkn loads of minks, and Edinburgh isn't immune from them, what's your point??

I don't like playing Celtic and Rangers in a semi final or final at a neutral venue in their home City. I hate there being a Celtic end and a Rangers end. Also some seats are so far away from the action I feel quite detached. The atmosphere isn't great quite often.
    The area around the ground isn't good when you have to pay kids not to scratch your car.

Edinburgh for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I hate there being a Celtic end and a Rangers end.
    This is something that should change. It is an utter embarrassment that we are even discussing it in this day and age. Toss a coin.

Issues with Hampden

1.ridiculous Celtic/sevco end pish. Disgrace that Celtic get the East Stand when they’re playing teams from East Coast. Adds to journey time.
    2. It’s a ****e view if you’re behind the goal.
    3. Public transport isn’t great.
    4. Lack of boozers

Issues with Murrayfield

1. Rugby is for ****s and **** lining the pockets of the SRU. Tory ****s

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's your opinion, some of those games I posted earlier in the thread aswell as many great times with United day otherwise (the a lot tangerine would buy have looked as good anywhere else yacc that day in 2010), the noise at some of those goals can not be replicated anywhere else, when Barry Ferguson equalised vs Italy in 2007 I've never heard a noise or seen reaction that can match it before or since... anywhere not just in Scotland

Poor access routes??? Lol that myth getting peddled, no worse than Edinburgh, weak reason to piss on all that history, lack of respect imo

Glasgow is a football city, our biggest city, working class and where Scotland national team played the first ever international back in 1872, somethings just happen naturally and Hampden became our home and what a tradition and history it has now (Inc all European attendance records) , one I'm proud of as a Scottish football fan, Edinburgh is where the national Rugby stadium is and nowhere near as football daft as Glasgow

Dundee is has fkn loads of minks, and Edinburgh isn't immune from them, what's your point??
    Lol, brilliant! Yeah I'm afraid, like it or lump it, football had it's origins in the west coast with Queens Park being the first club. Dumbarton FC winning the first league and Renton FC winning the 'World Cup'. You can't deny history and it's Hampden Park for me.

Quote Originally Posted by huntedbyafreak View Post
    Issues with Hampden

1.ridiculous Celtic/sevco end pish. Disgrace that Celtic get the East Stand when they’re playing teams from East Coast. Adds to journey time.
    2. It’s a ****e view if you’re behind the goal.
    3. Public transport isn’t great.
    4. Lack of boozers

Issues with Murrayfield

1. Rugby is for ****s and **** lining the pockets of the SRU. Tory ****s

Nutshell.

hampden for me.

hampdens views behind the goals are poor but its the same at murrayfield so dont see switching games there being a solution.
    i think hampden should be used more for "special occasions". hampden can be jumping with a great atomosphere if its a big enough game. for me semi-finals or international friendlies shouldnt be held there with only exception being old firm games.

how many times have we seen semi finals been played there and its half empty with no atomosphere. they should be moved to neutral venue in relation to the teams in the semi finals. semi final v aberdeen at tynecastle 2008, the place was jumping because it was a full house. we played them at hampden in semi final 2015 and was still a decent atomosphere but nowhere near what it was the previous one imo.

for internationals i think taking the national team around the country is a good idea. obviously depends on who were playing but it allows fans who maybe dont get the chance to see the national team to go and see them.

hampden has its problems but moving the football team to the home of rugby which has similar problems to what hampden has doesnt seem like the greatest idea

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)