+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampden or Murrayfield ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Wit? 'match day experience' is more important than history. Are you for real?!? Let's just move from Tannadice and call it the Pizza Hut Stadium. Personally I thought the atmosphere at the Parkhead cup final was dreadful, practically non existent. As for Murrayfield I've had the unfortunate experience of attending a couple of rugger matches there and it was garbage, though the food was OK so you would probably think that was more important than the atmosphere.
    Frankly I’d rather move to a sponsor-named stadium if it were to make me feel like my season ticket moneybwas well spent, rather than sitting in a delapidated stadium where not a single trophy has been won. Butbthats another point.
    I would hazard a guess and say not a single one of us has been to a big Scotland match at Murrayfield. Why not try it and see if we like it rather than flatly dismissing suggestions that could improve the overall experience that you pay £35-45 a pop for?

I know this. I was trying to make a point without being to nasty ie why would you take it away from some place that is a unbelievable sporting venue to well let's be honest a **** hole. I've been to Murrayfield a few times and I haven't been impressed.

Hampden is looking tired nowadays so why not flatten it and build a complete new stadium while playing temporarily at Murrayfield, Celtic Park etc.

Was at Celtic Park for the Scotland v England friendly in 2014 and the atmosphere was incredible. The atmosphere at our final there v Saints was great too but it's probably being panned by folk because it ended up being a damp squib of a day.

The atmosphere at semi finals/finals depends on the fans and not the history of the stadium imo. When we won both Scottish cups there never once did I think of my surroundings I was too busy celebrating with my mates.

Murrayfield in the long term us a no from me but a New Hampden would get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's your opinion, some of those games I posted earlier in the thread aswell as many great times with United day otherwise (the a lot tangerine would buy have looked as good anywhere else yacc that day in 2010), the noise at some of those goals can not be replicated anywhere else, when Barry Ferguson equalised vs Italy in 2007 I've never heard a noise or seen reaction that can match it before or since... anywhere not just in Scotland

Poor access routes??? Lol that myth getting peddled, no worse than Edinburgh, weak reason to piss on all that history, lack of respect imo

Glasgow is a football city, our biggest city, working class and where Scotland national team played the first ever international back in 1872, somethings just happen naturally and Hampden became our home and what a tradition and history it has now (Inc all European attendance records) , one I'm proud of as a Scottish football fan, Edinburgh is where the national Rugby stadium is and nowhere near as football daft as Glasgow

Dundee is has fkn loads of minks, and Edinburgh isn't immune from them, what's your point??
    LOL poor access routes? you being serious? unless yer at the tim end and parked at asda its a f cuking disaster, infact its a disaster at asda too! have you ever tried getting out of there after a concert? it takes f ucking hours.

Glasgow is a football city, so is Dundee, so is Aberdeen so whats your point? Whats the difference?

Mair minks in Glasgow than Dundee, at least Dundee has sound minks!

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Lol, brilliant! Yeah I'm afraid, like it or lump it, football had it's origins in the west coast with Queens Park being the first club. Dumbarton FC winning the first league and Renton FC winning the 'World Cup'. You can't deny history and it's Hampden Park for me.
    spoken like a true west coaster

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    I don't think you could call Cathcart, Kings Park, Battlefield or Mount Florida (the four surrounding areas) schemes, let alone ****holes. I don't think your Glasgow geography is very good.

Cathcart had a Tory MP for 15 years FFS!
    nope all ****eholes, 100% schemes

you're no biased much are you...

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    I know this. I was trying to make a point without being to nasty ie why would you take it away from some place that is a unbelievable sporting venue to well let's be honest a **** hole. I've been to Murrayfield a few times and I haven't been impressed.
    That’s fair enough. What in particular do you feel makes Murrayfield a **** hole? There isn’t a single aspect about hampden than I can think of, which I would say is superior to Murrayfield. Food included jjflaoup22

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    Look you wouldnt take the open from St. Andrews the home of golf and put it a caird park would you. Why do people always want to change things that don't need fixed. HAMPDEN ALL THE WAY.

Why not move the national games to the new football academy Stadium they are building at caird park or play the games around the country just a suggestion if Hampden was no longer a choice.
    F uck hampden

Think theres about 2 pubs around hampden a couple of miles away from ground (at least one is.)
    15 mins from mount florida by train to city centre god knows how long it would take to walk there, and mount florida station isnt just round the corner from hampden either! Would always feel safer in Edinburgh also especially playing any of they 2. Hampden is the middle of no place at least for someone that dont live in Glesga.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Think theres about 2 pubs around hampden a couple of miles away from ground (at least one is.)
    15 mins from mount florida by train to city centre god knows how long it would take to walk there, and mount florida station isnt just round the corner from hampden either! Would always feel safer in Edinburgh also especially playing any of they 2. Hampden is the middle of no place at least for someone that dont live in Glesga.
    Its a sh1tehole, only people on here that will argue that it isnt are people from there!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)