+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Interviewing

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    The mention of Kewell fills me with dread. He wouldn't would he
    I think Bowyer would inspire the fans much more than Kewell however I can't get it out of my head that he has probably turned down better job opportunities than taking over at a club who sit bottom of the league & will almost certainly sack him if he doesn't make at least the Play Offs! We have been here that many times now that I tend to ignore that PR spin about the quality of applicants & big names we are interviewing & just expect another "Rookie" probably with a big name like KN so Kewell seems to fit the bill I'm afraid.

Apparently Mike Flynn of Newport is one of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why the negative comments re. Kewell? I am not saying he is my 1st choice, but he has done a good job at Crawley. A club with much more limited resources than what we could offer. As I put in another post, Crawley were an impressive outfit when they visited ML last season.
    Agreed, I think I would just about prefer Bowyer, but there’s nothing in either of their records to say one would be great and the other terrible. Someone has mentioned Graham Alexander, I think he would be a great shout.

Scunny just got McCall, I’m really glad we avoided him.

Karmicly speaking, Bowyer probably deserves a good chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Just for fun gump here's a name that would cause a stir locally & actually could relish the challenge "Billy Davies" not a bad manager at all, as far as I know still out of work & almost worth a punt if only to wind up Forest fans,Radio Red & the Redrag, Yeah bring on Billy Krankie !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Karmicly speaking, Bowyer probably deserves a good chairman.
    Bowyer/Pies, we're made for one another.

Name:  625378.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  6.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Just for fun gump here's a name that would cause a stir locally & actually could relish the challenge "Billy Davies" not a bad manager at all, as far as I know still out of work & almost worth a punt if only to wind up Forest fans,Radio Red & the Redrag, Yeah bring on Billy Krankie !!!!!
    Not a bad manager at all, another "boozer", tho??? Would he even consider Notts?

Not a bad manager at all, another "boozer", tho??? Would he even consider Notts?
    Most the great managers seem to like a "sherbert or two" but apart from having a go at the reds(a trait I cannot fault) I doubt very much if he would lower himself.

Big Al wasn't performing many interviews whilst watching Ilkeston Town win again this afternoon, wonder if he'd done some before or is planning on holding some now/later?

Another one-season wonder!!!!'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast