+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FINALE of the Mysterious £27 million dividend.

Isn't it a pity that they just cannot reply in an adult, polite way, but that's them and has always been the case. So far they have called me (these are not my words);

Devious C???; p Rick; knob: Half wit; cretin and funnily enough expert!!

Not only do we have baggieal, an expert on Company Accounts, who thinks that dividends are paid to Directors. Only if they are shareholders, but surely you knew that; probably a typo! Now we are told that the other's wife is an accountant; surely she would be able to explain to him who the Shareholders of the Company in question were.

The set of Accounts referred to by you, BaggieBlood, were those made up to the 30th June 2016 for West Bromwich Albion Football Club Ltd. These were the accounts that told you that JP took dividends through this financial year of £27 million. Please ask your wife to either agree with you or explain it to you.

Over to you old chum!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I note you’ve found the time to reply but not to attatch a copy of this letter from the club.

If you’re going to “call out” BB and Al then do so based on proof.

I have no agenda either way btw.....I do agree with 68 that your initial post is as convincing as Albion’s defence at this moment.
    Good morning mickd1961.

Thanks for your input. I am sure that you would also require permission to put up copies of private letters from the person involved and as soon as I have his authority to do this, you, and others will just have to be patient. If I receive his go ahead, I will only show the letters on the basis that all reference to him has been deleted. I am not prepared to give sight to his name, address, telephone number and email address. I'm sure you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    Good morning mickd1961.

Thanks for your input. I am sure that you would also require permission to put up copies of private letters from the person involved and as soon as I have his authority to do this, you, and others will just have to be patient. If I receive his go ahead, I will only show the letters on the basis that all reference to him has been deleted. I am not prepared to give sight to his name, address, telephone number and email address. I'm sure you agree.
    Whatever.......I couldn’t give a “monkey’s chuff” either way,I just think that if you’re going to sing from the rooftops like you did by starting this thread ( in an attempt to ridicule BB’s stance ) then having the Albion’s reply included was a prerequisite.

You could easily redact any private info on said message anyway.

Your own reply from the club could be used if/when it ever arrives......our postcode is B71 by the way.

With regards to Peace I didn’t like his methods or his self serving agenda but as owner if he did take dividends of whatever value then as long as they were legal,which I’m sure they were then that’s his choice.

Immoral and to the detriment of the team is a matter for his conscience.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 28-08-2018 at 12:36 AM.

Finale.

The last part of a piece of music, an entertainment, or a public event, especially when particularly dramatic or exciting.

Make your own choice, but it certainly isn't over!
    I’m aware of the meaning of the word. 😎😉

Why on earth would the club simply not refer any request of this type to the published accounts that are in the public domain already?

Given the new GDPR data legislation which most of us are at least aware of that strictly forbids the disclosure of any information companies hold on any individual however minor it may be, seems odd the club has opted to add clarity to a written request of this type?

I am returning to this topic because further developments have arisen and as I have said before, I was very concerned about a situation that reflected very badly on various people but most seriously upon our ex Chairman/Owner. I do however stress that my comments are not to ridicule anyone, they are an attempt to stop damaging the reputation of these persons.

I have to adhere to the request not to publish the two letters, especially on a Social Media site such as Baggies Banter. Therefore, what I am going to do is to reiterate what I have said before about the structure and the running of the Club; let's hope it can be debated in an adult, civilised way, eh.

To compensate for the lack of sight of letters, etc..., I have copied certain detail from the Accounts; these are easily accessible on line, if you doubt my word. They are in the Public domain, so I am not treading on anyone's toes.

The claim is that Jeremy Peace took £27 million out of the funds of the club, and this in turn involves the integrity of others. I refute this claim completely. Please understand that I am not Accountancy trained; all I have done is to look at the Accounts and I offer the following as evidence which to me completely exonerates those that have been besmirched.

The two ways in which one can take money out of a Limited Company is by Salary/Wages, on which Tax and NI would be levied, or alternatively, if you are a shareholder and the Directors recommend paying a dividend. **

There are three Companies set up to operate West Bromwich Albion;

West Bromwich Albion Football Club Ltd - Company No 1
    West Bromwich Albion Group Ltd - Company No 2
    West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd - Company No 3

We are looking at Companies 1 and 2 for the Year ending 30th June 2016. I think the following will prove without doubt that I am right.

Q1 What was the name of the Company that paid these dividends during year ended 30/6/2016?

A1 West Bromwich Albion Football Club Ltd - Company No 1.

Q2 To whom was the payment made?

A2 To the Shareholders of that Company.

Q3 Who were the Shares held by?

A3 There were two shares issued, both in the name of West Bromwich Albion Group Ltd, Company No 2 . See attachment 1.

Q4 Was Jeremy Peace a Director of this Company (WBA Group Ltd)?

A4 He had been up until his resignation in 2013, so had no way of controlling the day to day running in 2015/16.

Q5 How could funds be taken from WBA Group Ltd?

A5 In either of the two ways described above. See **

Q6 Did the Directors of WBA Group Ltd recommend the payment of a dividend to its shareholders?

A6 No, neither have they paid a dividend since the Company's formation, so none of the Shareholders, either small or large holdings, have ever received any payment, most certainly not in the Tax Year we are looking at. See attachment 2

Q7 What is/was the shareholding in WBA Group Ltd.

A7 There are 9620 shares issued; by far the largest shareholder is/was WBA Holdings Ltd, Company No 3, with 8442 (87.8% ) The rest, 1172 (12.2%), were held by 434 much smaller shareholders, in fact the largest number held by any other shareholder was by two people each with 100. See attachment 3

I think that conclusively shows that Jeremy Peace could not, or more decisively, did not, get his hands on the £27 million, as alleged by BaggieBlood and backed up by baggieal.

The final question to resolve is where did the £27 million go? Looking through the Accounts of both Company No 1 & 2, there is a section that deals with "Changes in Equity". What I think is somewhat confusing to anyone not involved with Accounting is that
    when Directors make their Report, invariably some figures are rounded up (or even down) with the actual amount being shown in the detail of the Accounts. I think this has happened here, as there is a figure mentioned of £26.891 million in this section of the accounts for Company No 2. It states that there was a "Profit for the year" of the amount shown above; this is not a figure taken from the Profit & Loss Accounts.
    To answer BaggieBloods question, "where did it go", surely there is your answer - shown on the Company Statement of Changes in Equity for Company No 2; those funds are still available to the club for future trading. See attachment 4

Will they both now reconsider their position and do the right thing in my opinion, which is to offer a profound apology to not only Jeremy Peace, but also the Club and its Officials which should also embrace the Company Auditors. Their claims were made on here, this is where their apology should appear.

There is also the question of the sale of the club to Mr Lai. Jeremy Peace sold his part of WBA Holdings Ltd, a business asset that he owned; businessman do this all the time. It did not deprive any of the three Clubs of any monies; simply put, it was a transaction between two businessmen.

That's my final, detailed offering. My apologies to those who couldn't care less, but I do encourage others who have their own thoughts about this, to have their say.

I am returning to this topic because further developments have arisen and as I have said before, I was very concerned about a situation that reflected very badly on various people but most seriously upon our ex Chairman/Owner. I do however stress that my comments are not to ridicule anyone, they are an attempt to stop damaging the reputation of these persons.

I have to adhere to the request not to publish the two letters, especially on a Social Media site such as Baggies Banter. Therefore, what I am going to do is to reiterate what I have said before about the structure and the running of the Club; let's hope it can be debated in an adult, civilised way, eh.

To compensate for the lack of sight of letters, etc..., I have copied certain detail from the Accounts; these are easily accessible on line, if you doubt my word. They are in the Public domain, so I am not treading on anyone's toes.

The claim is that Jeremy Peace took £27 million out of the funds of the club, and this in turn involves the integrity of others. I refute this claim completely. Please understand that I am not Accountancy trained; all I have done is to look at the Accounts and I offer the following as evidence which to me completely exonerates those that have been besmirched.

The two ways in which one can take money out of a Limited Company is by Salary/Wages, on which Tax and NI would be levied, or alternatively, if you are a shareholder and the Directors recommend paying a dividend. **

We are looking at Companies 1 and 2 for the Year ending 30th June 2016. I think the following will prove without doubt that I am right.

Q1 What was the name of the Company that paid these dividends during year ended 30/6/2016?

A3 There were two shares issued, both in the name of West Bromwich Albion Group Ltd, Company No 2 . See attachment 1.

A4 He had been up until his resignation in 2013, so had no way of controlling the day to day running in 2015/16.

Q6 Did the Directors of WBA Group Ltd recommend the payment of a dividend to its shareholders?

A6 No, neither have they paid a dividend since the Company's formation, so none of the Shareholders, either small or large holdings, have ever received any payment, most certainly not in the Tax Year we are looking at. See attachment 2

A7 There are 9620 shares issued; by far the largest shareholder is/was WBA Holdings Ltd, Company No 3, with 8442 (87.8% ) The rest, 1172 (12.2%), were held by 434 much smaller shareholders, in fact the largest number held by any other shareholder was by two people each with 100. See attachment 3

I think that conclusively shows that Jeremy Peace could not, or more decisively, did not, get his hands on the £27 million, as alleged by BaggieBlood and backed up by baggieal.

The final question to resolve is where did the £27 million go? Looking through the Accounts of both Company No 1 & 2, there is a section that deals with "Changes in Equity". What I think is somewhat confusing to anyone not involved with Accounting is that
    when Directors make their Report, invariably some figures are rounded up (or even down) with the actual amount being shown in the detail of the Accounts. I think this has happened here, as there is a figure mentioned of £26.891 million in this section of the accounts for Company No 2. It states that there was a "Profit for the year" of the amount shown above; this is not a figure taken from the Profit & Loss Accounts.
    To answer BaggieBloods question, "where did it go", surely there is your answer - shown on the Company Statement of Changes in Equity for Company No 2; those funds are still available to the club for future trading. See attachment 4

Will they both now reconsider their position and do the right thing in my opinion, which is to offer a profound apology to not only Jeremy Peace, but also the Club and its Officials which should also embrace the Company Auditors. Their claims were made on here, this is where their apology should appear.

There is also the question of the sale of the club to Mr Lai. Jeremy Peace sold his part of WBA Holdings Ltd, a business asset that he owned; businessman do this all the time. It did not deprive any of the three Clubs of any monies; simply put, it was a transaction between two businessmen.

That's my final, detailed offering. My apologies to those who couldn't care less, but I do encourage others who have their own thoughts about this, to have their say.

Interesting read Sweeper. My degree is in Accounting but my memory from the days of studying isn't the greatest and I don't work in this field. But fair play in your explanation above.

"I do however stress that my comments are not to ridicule anyone, they are an attempt to stop damaging the reputation of these persons"

A - as if you give a crap as you slated Tony Pulis off constantly through your false and dodgy stats. You admit yourself, you never go to West Brom and the only affection is through family. Well my great grandfather liked floating model boats, but sadly this did not float my boat - excuse the pun!

"Please understand that I am not Accountancy trained"

A - well keep the gob well and truly shut then! I am not a bricklayer but I don't give a load of waffle from an A to Z of a building manual on how bricks should be laid.

"I have to adhere to the request not to publish the two letters"

A - already other posters have said to you, without the letters ( facts ), you can't be taken seriously. Imagine a scenario in Court - " I have factual evidence your honor with written letters but can't show them to you" You would not be taken seriously, so it's quite obvious you are not trained in law either!

Did you copy and paste bits of the company accounts from the same mouse as your dodgy stats which again, nobody took you seriously?

Are you going to Birmingham or Preston? Surely some love of West Brom may drip down from your family heritage especially after copying and pasting the obvious for 2 hours!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-09-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Instead of just waffle, which is again full of errors, just explain where my post is incorrect. After all, you are supposed to be an Accounts expert. There's your challenge for today.

Instead of just waffle, which is again full of errors, just explain where my post is incorrect. After all, you are supposed to be an Accounts expert. There's your challenge for today.

The point is - it's not your post but a cut and paste job! As you are not a West Brom fan, albeit lost long family had an affection for the Baggies, one must question your intentions to defend Mr Peace! You slated Tony Pulis with dodgy and false stats and yet you defend an individual who clearly had an exit strategy for his last 12 months in tenure.

As previous posters have said - produce the letters ( facts ) or do one!

PS - Baggie Bird was wearing a rolex on Saturday so perhaps he ate the 27m. Then again, you were sitting at home no doubt, reminiscing with long lost family about Jesse Pennington and Ray Barlow

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)