+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: More kind words from Uncle Neil

More kind words from Uncle Neil

Always great to hear comments like this again and more in the article below.
    "I bloody loved it at Rotherham".

Any midfielders or another striker he could send us?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...wait-1-9321076
    Last edited by flourbasher; 27-08-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Funny that he said if he'd stayed it would've only been for the money inferring [not for the love of the game]

Which is what some were saying but for the totally opposite reason.

On another point if he did loan us 2 players and we got Towell from Brighton on loan how many loanees can you have in the team or matchday squad?

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Funny that he said if he'd stayed it would've only been for the money inferring [not for the love of the game]

Which is what some were saying but for the totally opposite reason.

On another point if he did loan us 2 players and we got Towell from Brighton on loan how many loanees can you have in the team or matchday squad?
    I think it's a maximum of 5.

Maybe now we can stop calling him Colin?

A club can name a maximum of five loan players on a team sheet for any league match.

No club can sign more than four players on loan from the same club - and only two of those can be aged over 23.

Any loan that becomes a permanent transfer - will no longer be included in the loan count once that transfer is completed.

clubs can sign any unattached players on free transfers at any time before January, so long as they have not had a club since the transfer window shut on August 9.

I wonder how long it will be before a player challenges this artificial time spell?

A footballer is effectively plying his trade in Europe, and the EU has very strict rules against imposing barriers on free employment in the member states.

Truth be told, the short tenure of Warnock was probably the only time in recent memory that RUFC actually felt like a proper Championship club. If he'd stayed with us, maybe we could have established ourselves at this level now, although he wanted more than that from the game and got it.
    Some of my best memories from my 30 years following Rotherham came out of those short few months.