+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: University Challenge

University Challenge

More questions are going to be asked with the answers being women, and executive producer Peter Gwyn hopes more women will take part.

This after "a" viewer wrote in to complain that not enough questions were about women, I never thought one viewer could change a programs attitude.

Is this ***ist ? or again PC being ridiculous ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...questions.html

I don't know one way or the other but it didn't matter what questions they asked last night because the Durham team were on fire and scored well over 300 points. All four members of the team answered the many diverse questions, there was no weak link ---oops wrong programme!

Watched an old episode of University Challenge the other week with good old Bamber, on one team was Mark Labbett the beast from the Chase, he looked so young and innocent.

It’s everywhere alto and WASPS are now also a dying breed. Non WASPS seem to able to find that some minority somewhere is offended and so the tail wags the dog.
    Went see Hamilton the Musical which was excellent and amazing about a son of a Scotsman born I presume to a West Indian lady, to find George Washington is a man of colour as is another founding father Aaron Burr as was Hamiltons wife. Thomas Jefferson looked Hispanic. George lll is thankfully very pale and male. However as a lot of the words are written as hip hop it works well in bringing it up to date.

I got back to watch the Bodyguard where the Home Secretary is a woman, the boss of the police is a women.
    Isn’t it time half the PL managers were women ?

Bring back Cherie Lunghi!! Blimey I just realised that that was almost 30 years ago ----it would seem that it never caught on then

I was impressed by the bodyguard Colner, the love scene's put a downer on it for me though.

Yes I agree alto, pity the affair kicked off to spoil it.
    If you like cinema
    We went to see BlacKkKlansman at the weekend which was very good if not uncomfortable viewing on racism and the Klan.
    It ends with Trump speaking using Klan phrases just to bring home how bad things may be there now. America First! Is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Bring back Cherie Lunghi!! Blimey I just realised that that was almost 30 years ago ----it would seem that it never caught on then
    Yes time flies super. I know I won’t be looking back in 30 years time - and if I am there I won’t remember what happened. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes time flies super. I know I won’t be looking back in 30 years time - and if I am there I won’t remember what happened. Lol.
    That will be two of us then OC!! lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)