+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Update from Alan....

[QUOTE=countygump;38997437]
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    "Crawley have granted Notts County permission to speak to Harry Kewell about their managerial vacancy #ncfc"

This was posted an hour ago.... [/QUO

Attachment 10507
    If Kewell gets the job I will get behind him as I have the vast majority of the many managers we have had lately ( I must admit that I wasn't fully behind Ince or Fullarton) but I will be slightly underwhelmed especially as a certain GUMP assured me at the last home game that "I would be surprised" at the queue of well known & experienced managers who would jump at the chance of the job!! see you Saturday Mick..

[QUOTE=ancientpie;38997468]
    Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

If Kewell gets the job I will get behind him as I have the vast majority of the many managers we have had lately ( I must admit that I wasn't fully behind Ince or Fullarton) but I will be slightly underwhelmed especially as a certain GUMP assured me at the last home game that "I would be surprised" at the queue of well known & experienced managers who would jump at the chance of the job!! see you Saturday Mick..
    There is a queue of well known managers, Mr Mainstand. Alan obviously don't want em, so there. See you on Sat for our first win of the season, Kev.

This is going to turn out bad,

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    This is going to turn out bad,
    I agree. This is just another hard on for anything remotely connected with Liverpool.
    My preferred candidates would be

Craig Short - sacked far to early.

Darren Ferguson - proven at this level,no nonsense manager.

[QUOTE=countygump;38997482]
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post

There is a queue of well known managers, Mr Mainstand. Alan obviously don't want em, so there. See you on Sat for our first win of the season, Kev.
    Here's hoping mate.

Darren Ferguson only did any good cos daddy loaned him plenty of players. Not sure bout kewell though but be interesting who else they have asked for permission to talk too. Odriscol was doing a decent job over the trent. big sams out of work lol

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    My preferred candidates would be

Craig Short - sacked far to early
    Despite his poor but 'short' record it would be a big 'yes' from me. It would certainly renew my interest in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Doesn't fit with me. Just another stars in his eyes ex-player.
    I’ve made my thoughts known on another thread that for me Kewell would not inspire me.

It’s always a gamble whoever comes in but we are bottom of the league which a defence that has no idea how to keep a clean sheet and a powder puff central midfield. I know it’s only five games in but the sooner we can turn things around the better.

Forget the name Harry Kewell. It’s basically a rookie manager from Crawley Town and would be a big gamble. Why are we always trying to find the next Eddie Howe? Ray Trew was the same.

I could argue with myself and mention Jon Sheridan was experienced and look how that turned out.

I just think it needs to be someone who is going to be in it for the long term such as a Grayson or Cotteril who can take us to ththe Championship and has experience of leagues two and one. Alternatively someone who has got a team promoted out of this league. Neal Ardley at Wimbledon is interesting.

Where’s Martin Allen when you need him? He got Gillingham promoted from this league. Brilliant motivator, character and popular with the fans.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 28-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Where’s Martin Allen when you need him? He got Gillingham promoted from this league. Brilliant motivator, character and popular with the fans.
    Just up the road, but:

"Martin Allen is demanding “something back” from his players after witnessing Chesterfield’s losing streak reach four games with a 1-0 defeat at Hartlepool United."

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Craig Short - sacked far to early.
    Christ almighty.

The fact we ever employed him was the mistake, not sacking him too early, he was so far out of his depth it was unbelievable and very obvious to anyone that went to the games. Spanked on opening day by Huddersfield in front of a big crowd, then spanked again away at Oldham. His record in 13 games was 5W 1D 7L and our discipline was a joke, one of the wins he had was the "Battle of London Road", one of three consecutive games where we had a man sent off and Short himself ended up on the pitch.

Just like Shaun Derry, if he hadn't been an ex player people would look back at him as the complete failure he was, the same way they do someone like Paul Ince. I would've sacked him a few games earlier after the loss at Sheffield Wednesday, one of very few games I've ever left early.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast