+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Towell saga

The Towell saga

Still interested in Towell according to the Star. Interesting about the number of loan players allowed and already have. So 2 loan signings before the loan window closes looks unlikely as one will have to miss out on matchday. Looks like free agents would be the only other option to get some depth to the squad

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...move-1-9323475

..and this ones gone full circle!

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...ivals-on-loan/

Yates would only be 6 months probs. I would imagine Towell would be longer if not permo.

Any/ both would be decent signings.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-08-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Time to throw the towel in.

Move on Warnie, look elsewhere

Looks as though he is if the Yates rumour is correct.

So yates and a possible free agent is looking more likely

Problem with free agents is that they are likely not to be up to speed fitness wise for Warney so it might be a while before he plays them plus they have to pass all the warney tests.

Be interesting if he did get 6 loan players in total. Who would he drop assuming they were all fit?

Rodak, Vyner, Raggett, Manning, and assuming Towell and Yates.

Suppose if injury probs it might not be an issue. Or maybe some loanees would be more suited to certain games than others plus Vyner will miss the game against Brissy, Manning Qpr, Raggett Norwich, and Yates,if we get him, Notts Forest because of parent clubs. Could be about doable without upsetting too many parent clubs.

It sounds like Warney wants only one CM so that might not be an issue anyway. He might be better getting a raw forward from a Prem
    club who might not mind him not being in the squad regularly as his 6th loanee.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 28-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

..and who is he gonna loan out assuming he gets his targets. I'm going Palmer and Wiles.

Why restrict ourselves to five loan players ?

When injuries, suspensions and loss of form kicks in it's going to need all hands on deck with the small squad we have.

Four out on loan and four in on loan atm.

One player out before one comes in is my guess.
    Only reason Ben Wiles isn't on the bench is because we need a goalkeeper in the 7.

Should be interesting who is picked for the starting 11 on Wednesday night.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 28-08-2018 at 04:51 PM.

doesnt matter if free agents or loan players, most likely neither will be match fit. We have the international break to help get them up to speed.

I prefer to use our own players but if the loans prove to be much better than what we have then I’m fine about it.

Vyner up to now isn’t imo but who do we put there ?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast