+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harry Chapman

Rovers are heading the race to sign George Orwell. £3m to pay in Jan. Anyone who disagree's with me is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Rovers are heading the race to sign George Orwell. £3m to pay in Jan. Anyone who disagree's with me is an idiot.
    I think you've got this wrong, Champs. I believe it's his Big Brother we are after.

LET saying Chapman likely coming in today, with one other possible. Probably a target man I'd have thought.

The strong suggestion is Cameron Jerome
    If it's just Chapman then I would think nuttall will stay.
    I am not against him staying as I like the lad but he really does need regular football to progress and sadly he won't get that here now we have signed brereton and Armstrong returning from injury.

Well, I'm just off to bed.
    To be honest, I'll be glad to wake up with the speculation all over and done with.
    It's a distraction from the actual football.

Let's be honest though. If we got Harry back, it would be great. Just such an exciting option. I honestly think if Boro get someone in today, we'll get him. If not we'll try again in Jan.

Boro got their winger, but by then too late for the paperwork to go through for Chapman to Rovers. Sure we'll go back in January, but now Chapman may not even get on the bench for boro between now and then. Stupid situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Boro got their winger, but by then too late for the paperwork to go through for Chapman to Rovers. Sure we'll go back in January, but now Chapman may not even get on the bench for boro between now and then. Stupid situation.
    Sax. Do you not think the whole thing is a joke? This loan to buy after the transfer window? With a fee to pay now? It makes no sense. All the Champ clubs rely heavily on the loan market for under 23's from Prem clubs. This now means Prem clubs stock pile their youngsters. Due mainly to resting the big Prem stars returning late from the WC. So this trickles down to us, and the Champ. It gets to the final few days (Or hours!!) Where these young lads are touted around. None of this makes sense past the transfer deadline? As money is still being exchanged? Like us with Brereton. It needs tightening up, and looking into. As it's unfair on everyone. We are 5 games into the season ffs!!

I just think that Prem under 23's can only go out in loan to Champ clubs or below, not to one another. And the loan system being open from the first day of the season until the last. Simple, but sorts out all this *******s.

Pity to have missed out on Harry. He is a classy winger. And we don't have that in this squad. Raw pace. We don't play with a winger now, due to him not being here. So as we have all picked up on, we have adapted to another formation. Getting him back would have given us that option.
    Someone I really trust and value the opinion of insists Butterworth must be given more of a chance. He came on last 20 mins the other night and was outstanding by all accounts. Taking people on, fast, skillfull good on the ball, confident. He maybe able to step up. Not far off Chapman's age? I'm sure Aucks will agree. We are very quick to look at a lad from Boro. While he is very talented. We may have a lad already with us who could come in? Let's try him more maybe? If we want to return for Chapman in Jan we will. He would love to come back here, and Pulis had agreed with TM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Pity to have missed out on Harry. He is a classy winger. And we don't have that in this squad. Raw pace. We don't play with a winger now, due to him not being here. So as we have all picked up on, we have adapted to another formation. Getting him back would have given us that option.
    Someone I really trust and value the opinion of insists Butterworth must be given more of a chance. He came on last 20 mins the other night and was outstanding by all accounts. Taking people on, fast, skillfull good on the ball, confident. He maybe able to step up. Not far off Chapman's age? I'm sure Aucks will agree. We are very quick to look at a lad from Boro. While he is very talented. We may have a lad already with us who could come in? Let's try him more maybe? If we want to return for Chapman in Jan we will. He would love to come back here, and Pulis had agreed with TM.
    As you said in the other post, Champs, the system is mad.
    What is Chapman going to do now for the next four months? He'll probably be bench-warming, as Pulis clearly doesn't rate him that highly.
    Why couldn't the paperwork have been sitting there, ready to sign, anyway? As for the "deadline" days, they have made the whole system worse, because every club plays cat-and-mouse until the last minute, only for the mouse - quite often - to stay in its hole. It's bloody daft. (Incidentally, I read somewhere that deals CAN go through until midnight, if there was just paperwork to clear up. Does anyone know if that's true?)
    Back to Butterworth. He's had a big reputation for a while. He's not a winger, though. He looks another in the mode of Dack and Armstrong: quick, skilful, direct.
    I doubt if we will see that much of him yet - not with such a wide choice, now, in front of the midfielders.
    In two years time, though, we might well have a team with a majority of academy-graduates. Quite rare, I should think.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)