+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vice Captain?

Vice Captain?

Does anyone actually know who our vice captain is this season? I thought it was David Vaughan but just been told it isn't, anyone know?

We dont have a captain, nevermind a vice captain..

Hewitt took the armband after Duffy went off and has worn it before, so has Stead I think at some points last season

Quote Originally Posted by CountyAdam View Post
    Does anyone actually know who our vice captain is this season? I thought it was David Vaughan but just been told it isn't, anyone know?
    Isn't he the man down at the Knocking Shop.

It could be any between Stead, Hewitt and Tootle. Tootle collects the fines apparently so maybe him? But don't think it's been stated, Nolan was very non committal on Duffy being captain

Tootle pretty much said he didn't want the extra pressure of being captain as it affected him badly last time (presumably at Crewe?) but he does consider himself one of the more experienced members of the squad. Don't see why we need an "official" club captain or captain, it's more about needing leaders on the pitch, they don't require the arm band to lead imo.