+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match thread Hull vs Derby

Match thread Hull vs Derby

Where is it, I guess because we didn't concede dcfc decided it wasn't worth starting one.
    By all accounts Hull were dire, what will the starting line up be for the league game be because Hulls probably won't be any different

yes DCFCA let us down this eve.

Didn't see the game so can't comment on the performance, but I LOVE clean sheets, it shows discipline.

FL sounded well under control after the game, no expectations about sat'day being as easy, says he needs ALL the players he's got (I would guess he means give or take the odd third-choicer), declined to hope for the romantic option of Chelsea at home next round. I'm warming to him.

Lesson from history, last time I remember a cup and league double header was 1972 when we lost 1-0 in the league to Wolves, then beat them in the FA Cup 2-1 with the winner being the only goal I ever saw chested in, by John O'Hare

Not a bad performance from any Ram tonight. Half a dozen of them will miss out on Saturday IMO. Back to 1-4-2-3-1 with Hudds and BJ rocks from where we built a stream of quick attacks which continually caused Hull problems. Solid defence, chasing the ball all over the park every time we lost it. Work rate top drawer. Tackles, positioning, passing. It was all there.

Roos - 6. punched on a couple of occasions when he should have caught it. Not really troubled
    Wisdom - 7. Odd error but solved most himself
    Keogh - 8. Solid. Faultless.
    Tomori - 8. Solid. Faultless.
    Malone - 6. Did his job.
    Huddlestone 8.5 - MOTM. Cool calm and majestic
    Josefzoon - 7.5 - more than I expected from him
    Marriott - 7. Did everything but score
    Mount - 8. He will be a superstar inside 2 years
    Johnson - 8. Looked secure alongside Tom and a great assist for the opener
    Waghorn - 8. Busy, involved, might just have done enough to keep Nuge out

subs--
    Carson
    Forsyth
    Lowe (71) - 6. Steady performance after coming on
    Bird (79) - 6. Steady performance after coming on
    Holmes (71) - 7. everywhere. An assist with his first touch. Shows promise.
    Bennett
    Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Where is it, I guess because we didn't concede dcfc decided it wasn't worth starting one.
    By all accounts Hull were dire, what will the starting line up be for the league game be because Hulls probably won't be any different
    Of course Hull's team will be different, they made 9 changes for the cup game. I'm not getting too excited over the result because their team had a number of youngsters playing. They haven't got the strength in depth that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Of course Hull's team will be different, they made 9 changes for the cup game. I'm not getting too excited over the result because their team had a number of youngsters playing. They haven't got the strength in depth that we have.

...... and included 4 from the Academy. I expect at least 9 changes for them and between 6 and 8 for us on Satdeh.

I didnt see that result coming. I liked the look of the starting XI last night.

Huddlestone can play out from the back which helps.

I went to the match don't want to rain on the parade but they were clueless It really suited us two holding midfielders Huddleston and Johnson controlled it in fact BJ was my MoM
    Waghorn and Marriott were a constant threat the later should have had a hatrick Jozefoon was very good just the player you need on the break nice to have a two footed winger Saturday will be completly different they have some good players Could be a headache to select a team for FL Personally I would go with the same two holding midfielders omit Bryson away from home They will certainly have learned their lesson and man mark Mount

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)