+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still have Thierry Henry's number ?

Does anyone still have Thierry Henry's number ?

I don't know how long our new owners require to realise we ain't progressed from last term under Bruce's uber cautious/negative leadership

*8 of the starting line up @ Burton were recruited by good old Steve

*Tonight We managed 1 shot on target

*What on earth do they get up in training??

*Apart from the game V Brentford our performances have been atrocious (slight understatement)

*Still Steve will pacify the critics with another one of his tried & trusted excuses

"Thats all Folks" !!

Stuttering big time pal, we don't have a team let alone a squad capable of challenging for the top two over 46 games

Couldn't give an average flying fly about the league cup while we are in the championship.

That team was hardly first choice and Burton were in the same division as us last year.

See where we are at Xmas. If we aren't within 3 or 4 points of 6th place then I'm open to sensible suggestions of replacement for Bruce. But at the moment we still have 1 of the 6 managers you want as a club to get promotion

I'm with you Sam. Have faith
    We have a squad now that will challenge the first 2. The difference between automatic promotion and play offs will be down to signing Abraham and Cahill or equivalent.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 28-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.

2 years of unstructured, calamity, Kamikaze football.
    Fluked past Hull, Wigan and YEOVIL.
    Scraped 2 home draws against mighty Brentford and Reading..
    Knocked out by an equally weakened lower league team.

We can only sign one more loan for the matchday squad Bongo mate. He’ll probable sign another Keeper, to slot into the back 4 or up front with Kodjia.

Maybe our esteemed manager has a master plan for the final loan signing, like loaning in his replacement???

One more signing?! Oh dear. We need two.

Yes mate, only 5 allowed in the matchday starting XI, think we’re allowed 3 more for the whole squad. Which would mean that 3 of the loans would not make the matchday starting XI, or on the pitch at any one time, which is pretty pointless, wouldn’t you agree?

If 5 start, and a non loanee gets injured, then the subs bench of 7 plus keeper is technically reduced to 5.

But, if Nyland were to get injured/sent off, then Moriea (on loan) would replace him and one of the starting 5 loans would have to leave the field also, to be replaced by a non loanee.

All thanks to Watford, who loaned half of Udinese a couple of seasons back.

We need two do we Bongo? We're lucky we didn't lose half the squad. Have we already forgotten the turmoil of preseason? We could have easily gone into receivership and be putting out the same team as today but for championship points and not a game to give the 2nds a run. All over the Villa pages it's bad Bruce this and bad Bruce that. Almost like they want us to lose so they can rant some more. A championship final and unbeaten so far how can we seriously be complaining? Sick of the whole turnstile manager syndrome that's infected this club. So early in the season and so much whinging. Fans need to get over the whole 'He used to manage the blues'

Oz we need to progress I like Bruce as a person but......

* Its one Brucie masterpiece aft another

* Buys players then plays them out of position or better still doesn't include ‘em at all

* Ain't played a side of significance yet but boy we've struggled to get past any of them -couldn't even put 10 man Norwich to the sword

* Rigidly lines up 1 front up à la Fulham baffling “Dinosaur Tactics”.

* Never learns anything (other than self vindication/excuses)

* Extremely miserable performances- we aren’t going to be challenging for a top six if he stays at the helm are we ?

Apart from that he's Wunderbar or is it Wunderbra ?

I never have, nor ever will, want the Villa to lose, especially just to justify my opinion. I’m not arrogant enough to think that my opinion is anything less than my observations. I don’t claim them to be ‘right’ or even agreeable to others. To pinch a phrase from that fool off ‘Catchphrase’ I just “say what I see”. I genuinely want SB to prove me wrong, I have no agenda, no deep rooted desire to be right.

Up to now, in my eyes, this manager has failed. The play off final was a disgraceful performance, as was the start to and run in of last season. The season before was diabolical. My opinion is over 2 years, not a handful of league games and 2 extremely poor cup performances. If we want to go up then we should be beating 10 man Ipswich, Brentford and Reading.

If he turns it around, and yes, in my eyes, our performances and results do need turning around, then I’ll congratulate him with no begrudgement whatsoever.

The ‘blues’ connection doesn’t even register with me, nor have I read otherwise. I think the press are more interested in it than anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)