+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone still have Thierry Henry's number ?

Bruce did warn travelling fans of major changes but still these reserve players should be busting a gut to impress. Should he now bomb them out like Ross Mac? If we win sat it will be a good decision to drop the match, lose and the pressure is back on!

The loan players rules baffle me to be honest... if you had used 2 subs already and the GK got injured but you already had the full quota of loan players in the team then an outfield player would either need to play in goal or we would have to voluntarily go down to 10 men? Is that right?

Anyway, as good or as bad as the start of the season has been is entirely dependant on whether you think we are "undefeated" or we "should have won at least 2 games we've only got drawers from".

Well, I'm just glad the investment came in. I'm glad Alan Hutton took a pay cut to stay here. I'm glad Gabby isn't the owner of the no. 11 shirt, I'm glad that Bruce has the experience to get us up and I'm glad we still have so many games yet to play.

What I'd love is for us to get Huth or Cahill in pronto and go on a winning streak of 10 games!

It gets worse Sam according to the mail. Seems that my first post on the loan situation of only 5 in the matchday 18 is closer to the mark. Meaning if we sign 2 more, 1 will be in the stands every week!!!

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-news-15087102

Some thoughts of other A V F C fans !

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/br...sfer-decision/

Players are well paid and when you walk over that line you should be working hard the entire time for the fans that pay to come & watch you play. Be a team on the pitch no matter what your beef is with the manager about playing every week in the league, not good enough.

As for Bruce - making so many changes with the stated aim of winning a cup tie isn't usually going to turn out well, seems like he's learned nothing since his arrival. His brand of football isn't winning him any followers and it's the same old routine as last season of draws against teams that squad should be putting away.

I'm with NZfan. Before the season started our financial situation looked as bad as Bingo's fantasy position in Wales. Bruce's hands have been tied with what he can bring in because of last season All or Nothing philosophy.

Every season before we get to 10weeks in, there's get rid of the manager....

Lets just take a chill pill and relax and just see what happens next.....

So by your reckoning our manager should have a free hit, due to the near apocalyptic summer. Despite 2 seasons of failure with the strongest squad in the league. Despite that the manager now has what looks like an even stronger squad this season. As for having his hands tied? methinks he tied them himself.

How can we possibly call reaching the play off final a success, when the remit was promotion. 1 kick of the ball away, I hear y’all saying, well we should have never of had to play in that final. Nearly doesn’t cut it mate, as in nearly pregnant. By that reckoning, we were only 1 kick away from losing the European cup!!

By the manager’s own target of 2pts a game we would have been up via automatic places, he failed to reach his own target, not mine, but his.
    Now I’m not calling for his head amidst a panic ridden, spotty ****ager rant of entitlement and immediate gratification. Not even sure that I’m calling for his head at this moment in time, just that, so far, on the evidence of his stewardship up to now, over 2 years, we are still clueless with regards structure and cohesion. I am not happy with SB’s contribution, excuses or ‘progress’.

He has to shape up or ship out. This decision, in my opinion, (not an opinion influenced by Fans Forums and Social Media, as this is still the only SM that I use), should be made after 10 games. 20pts after 10 games, his rules, his hand on the guillotine

Over to you Steve, I sincerely wish you, and us well.

Christian Purslow was brought in at Liverpool to do the dirty work of ridding the club of gillette, hicks and the fat waiter.
    Lets hope he rids the club of Xia and Bruce.
    Bring in JT and Henry and put some excitement back in to our club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)