+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hard Brexit media scare stories Your Predictor

Hard Brexit media scare stories Your Predictor

Now we are near the end and the Government contingency plans for a hard Brexit are known it’s time to catalogue them to predict what really happens.

You can predict if they will be true (score 10) to false.( score 0)

We will run out of medicines! I rate this 5 as
    I think this could be true for some medicines, but for most there will be sources here or outside Europe. Or there are other alternatives to most EU medicines. Insulin seems to be the one that could be a problem as there are no alternatives and it mostly comes from Denmark.

The pound will plunge

If there is a hard one we may find some Banks sell off our bonds making the pound fall to 1.10 or belo.
    They may also do so with the euro too.

We have had so many failed financial scares that it’s hard to know. It could happen, but could easily reverse soon after.
    I think this is a 6 short term and a 3 long term.

I don't take any notice of what the media, politicians or knowledgeable people say anymore, we was fed bollox before the vote and are still being led up the garden path with all the garbage that is being spouted to suit their agenda.

I honestly think that there is no chance we will get short on Medication, although I am worried a bit for Alf and hope he has a good supply of P!SS bags.

I said when we voted out of EU (and I voted out) that for a while we would struggle in nearly everything but then we would bounce back if. . . . . . . . . . . . . . and it was a big if, if someone was good in leading the way, with the complete bollox May and co have taken with a wimp stance on negotiations with the EU since, I'm not sure they would lead us to greener pastures

This one not from the media but a Union

Brexit poses an "immediate risk to the provision of safe and effective care" for patients in the UK, according to the Royal College of Nursing.The union has made the warning in a letter to leaders of the UK's main political parties on behalf of its 435,000 members.
    It also wants the parties to back a second referendum on any Brexit deal.

A Department of Health and Social Care spokeswoman said staff from the EU were a "***** part of our NHS and social care workforce" and will have "an important role to play in the future of health and social care in this country".
    She added: "We are preparing for all situations, including a no-deal Brexit, and we have worked closely with partners to draw up contingency plans that will ensure patients continue to receive care in exactly the same way they do now."

There will be places that run short of staff - Aberdeen has closed a children’s ward and struggles to get staff, that’s nothing to do with Brexit.

Scallop Wars with the French will stop because we won’t be able to access the French scallop beds once we leave.

Prevarication never works. We voted to LEAVE. So fcuking LEAVE!

WE are not get given the medicines-the NHS buys them at probably inflated prices from multinational corporation pharmaceutical companies which are all owned by the very people who are against Brexit.Do you really think they will say we are not selling you any more of these medicines?
    Get real.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)