+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rovers Ewood Support.

Rovers Ewood Support.

Our fans may not be the loudest, but they love their football. I like what Blackburn Rovers is and enjoy the environment in which to watch a game. Maybe others like a different kind of atmosphere at games, but that has NEVER been Blackburn Rovers at any time, so I wouldn't expect it to change.

We are a small town family club, and personally I like what we are.

Fair enough, but last weekend's crowd was disappointing, given our very good start, and the spirit in the team, which should surely be inspiring a few more people.

This isn't a reference to attendance.

We got 27,000 on against oxford in our final game.. Most of them idiots.. Not rovers fans at all.. That's not what our club is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    This isn't a reference to attendance.
    I did take your point, Saxo. All the same, we should be able to muster a regular 15,000 without including may of the numpties.

Many prefer away days, but I got fed up of too many drunken idiots. That's the top of bottom of it. Some may like the boorish loud atmosphere, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Many prefer away days, but I got fed up of too many drunken idiots. That's the top of bottom of it. Some may like the boorish loud atmosphere, I don't.
    It's always a fine line. I used to go to games with someone who was good fun as long as he wasn't in the pub for more than hour beforehand.
    With more than four pints in him, though, he was a complete...embarrassment - to phrase it politely.
    It's the same here. I can't watch the All-Blacks with my closest friend in NZ. He spoils the game for me.
    I watched a lot of Rovers away games in the old days, standing with the opposition (because of where I lived), but I picked my section very carefully!! I only once had trouble, and it was some of the locals who sorted it out for me.
    I like a drink before the game, but not to the extent that I can't concentrate.
    Bit different in Auckland, of course, where I'm generally watching games in the early morning. My wife's not keen on me drinking before breakfast.

I don't drink. So it's not an issue. You find at away games people will have a drink, and be a little more boysterous. But then the atmosphere is always far better at away games. The fans and the players (And TM) have a real unity.

It's not bad at Ewood. It's fine. We just need more fans. Even if we get 15k, it still half empty.

That final game when got 27k looked great. Sounded great. But it was full of drunken idiots who aren't Rovers fans. I hated it. Idiots running on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    It's always a fine line. I used to go to games with someone who was good fun as long as he wasn't in the pub for more than hour beforehand.
    With more than four pints in him, though, he was a complete...embarrassment - to phrase it politely.
    It's the same here. I can't watch the All-Blacks with my closest friend in NZ. He spoils the game for me.
    I watched a lot of Rovers away games in the old days, standing with the opposition (because of where I lived), but I picked my section very carefully!! I only once had trouble, and it was some of the locals who sorted it out for me.
    I like a drink before the game, but not to the extent that I can't concentrate.
    Bit different in Auckland, of course, where I'm generally watching games in the early morning. My wife's not keen on me drinking before breakfast.
    I must admit I do always think about you Auks first thing (your time) in the morning watching games!! My best mate (an man Utd fan) has just moved to Canada and is slowly getting used to morning games.

I must admit I disliked it
    Me and my daughter were surrounded by people who have never been and probably won't again until we are in that situation once more
    Waiting for full time to run on was a complete joke which made it very uncomfortable for my daughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)