+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Earworms or Stuck Record Syndrome

OT: Earworms or Stuck Record Syndrome

Anybody else suffer? Admittedly nowhere as bad as tinitus but still a bit of a pain. For the last couple of weeks it's been endless snippets of Judy Garland singing You Made Me Love You. Another regular is a 1920s version of A Long Way to Tipperary. Irish stuff seems to feature quite a bit but I have also had bouts of Hey Jude. Oh dear: typing this as started Tipperary off!

Not nine**** forever....The Cour****ers......

A true story and I will try to make it brief so not to bore people.

Many years ago a next door neighbour used to play Mario Lanza.
    Don't get me wrong I like ML but not at 2am in the morning when I had to be up for work at 4am.
    ML went on for two weeks despite me asking him to stop.
    He was the type with 7 kids, didn't work, went to the pub every dinner time and then went to bed in the afternoon.
    I came in from work one afternoon, took the Hi-Fi upstairs, put the speakers up to the dividing wall where his bedroom was and played ...2001 Space Oddessey continuously.
    Yes, yes very petty of me !!

Mario Lanza stopped playing at 2am and the next door neighbour shook my hand the following week and said " let's call it quits ".

Still like Mario Lanza but not at 2am in the morning.

Moral to this story is....you don't always have to resort to violence to sort someone out lol.

Just been reading the other threads and now I've got "Only the 'loan'ly" stuck in my ear.

That's two mentions of tinnitus on here this week, you and Sota. Looks like I'm not the only Madster that's suffering in anything but silence

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Moral to this story is....you don't always have to resort to violence to sort someone out lol.
    Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    A true story and I will try to make it brief so not to bore people.

Many years ago a next door neighbour used to play Mario Lanza.
    Don't get me wrong I like ML but not at 2am in the morning when I had to be up for work at 4am.
    ML went on for two weeks despite me asking him to stop.
    He was the type with 7 kids, didn't work, went to the pub every dinner time and then went to bed in the afternoon.
    I came in from work one afternoon, took the Hi-Fi upstairs, put the speakers up to the dividing wall where his bedroom was and played ...2001 Space Oddessey continuously.
    Yes, yes very petty of me !!

Mario Lanza stopped playing at 2am and the next door neighbour shook my hand the following week and said " let's call it quits ".

Still like Mario Lanza but not at 2am in the morning.

Great story Frank, you could have only chosen Bagpipes to intensify the pressure.

Where about in Brinsworth was this?

I know a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves, get on your nerves

Repeat, etc

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Great story Frank, you could have only chosen Bagpipes to intensify the pressure.
    Where about in Brinsworth was this?
    Very near Maggys Pub gm_gm
    now you’ve mentioned Brinsworth do people watch the Peregrine ‘s or do they have Peregrines in Brinsworth ?
    Hope your balls are good and your handicap is middling gm

Paint it Black - The Rolling Stones

even have it on my smartphone, so if my phone starts playing “ Paint it Black “ unfortunately you could be sat next to Owd Casper. �� �� at NYS.

U T M
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 29-08-2018 at 01:11 PM.