+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He's not going to do it is he?

The thing is none of us know if he's any good, % wins, amount of games means nothing especially with a new manager. He's maybe working with a extremely low budget (we don't know how much), he may have coached players already into better footballers, again we don't know, he could be working with interference from the chairman, again we don't know.

He could be an extremely talented coach and manager and the only way you really find out is meeting him and probably more importantly knowing people that have worked with him. I would hope Enzio has been asked professionally what his views are of him too. If he was in contention for the Charlton job then there must be someone saying he's half decent. If it is him we have to 100% get behind him as we did with Nolan.
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 29-08-2018 at 12:51 PM.

If it is Kewell then we've all got to get behind him to rescue the season before it's too late. Whoever is coming in then that's it for the rest of the season so let's all wipe the slate clean and get the team up the league.

COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The thing is none of us know if he's any good, % wins, amount of games means nothing especially with a new manager. He's maybe working with a extremely low budget (we don't know how much), he may have coached players already into better footballers, again we don't know, he could be working with interference from the chairman, again we don't know.

He could be an extremely talented coach and manager and the only way you really find out is meeting him and probably more importantly knowing people that have worked with him. I would hope Enzio has been asked professionally what his views are of him too. If he was in contention for the Charlton job then there must be someone saying he's half decent. If it is him we have to 100% get behind him as we did with Nolan.
    I wouldn't use Charlton as a yard stick, they are a complete mess off the field it seems right now

I agree. But I fear some fans will be against him from the start, relishing that 'I told you so' moment. Truth is, Notts fans seem to have their heroes and villains, and results are only a part of it. To this day people still talk about 'Mad Dog' being great and Curle being awful, despite the results they achieved.

If the fans don't accept Kewell from the start, it's only a matter of time before it gets toxic again. Then the very same fans will complain about a lack of stability when he's finally dismissed.

Let's all trust that our owner knows what he's doing and get behind the new manager, whoever it is. This club only ever succeeds when we all pull in the same direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Kewell has just as much experience as Nolan did when he was appointed.

Really not sure what the big issue is.
    On another thread someone talked about the manager being the right fit given the circumstances the club is in (meaning any club). Normally Kewell would be my sort of manager on the face of it, wants to play football and young and ambitious.

So what's my issue now? I'm not sure he is a good fit, we have a lob-sided squad, we need to rebuild the defence, confidence is shot and we're supposed to be getting promotion. It's very easy to see how this could go very wrong very quickly.

So, although it doesn't guarantee success I would have been looking for a more experienced hand, one that hopefully had the respect of the players instantly.

We're all guessing really, we know so little. proof of the pudding....

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post

In the absence of rich owners and players sold recently for massive fees, you can more or less work out a club's budget from the crowds they get. Crawley's budget will be pretty low I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    If it is Kewell then we've all got to get behind him to rescue the season before it's too late. Whoever is coming in then that's it for the rest of the season so let's all wipe the slate clean and get the team up the league.

COYP.
    Yes he would need at least one transfer window plus a few months to let it all gel, so until the end of the season before jumping to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I wouldn't use Charlton as a yard stick, they are a complete mess off the field it seems right now
    Charlton are nutters but I believe Kewell was linked when they were going to be taken over by an Aussie.

The compo figure seems very high to me but if Hardy thinks he is the man he has to go with it, I would guess Fletcher has had some input he does work with Ferdinand, Gerrard (last Season), McManaman / Owen who are all closely linked with Leeds / Liverpool.

He wouldn't be my first choice but i'm not against him either if he gets it I will back him.

If it is Kewell at least he will know the importance of getting the ball quickly to Enzio

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Harry Kewell seems to be the new Adam Collin. People appear to have strong feelings against him, and I’ve no idea why.
    Probably the fact he has had little managerial experience and a fairly poor win ratio. Perhaps people expect more if we are to achieve what AH says he expects? I don't think that view makes a person stupid?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast