+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dicker red card upheld

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Your moaning about the lack of consistency
    So it does matter who's on the panel.
    You'll never get the consistency you want if it's a different panel each time.
    They should have the same panel of 3 for a season.
    Two ex-refs and an ex player, or two ex-players and an ex-ref.
    I disagree here.
    Its implausible to expect the same three people to be available every time, unless that is there job.
    The guidelines, process and criteria should be the same such that whoever is on the panel can follow.

Do you agree with the panel decisions reported in the media so far?
    - Morelos?
    - Brown?
    - Naismith?
    - Dicker?

This particular decision does stink of them protecting an inept referee because he's refereeing the scum game on Sunday.
    The weegie press would be "how can they give the biggest game in the world (ha! ha!) to a ref who's had a sh1te, game changing decision rescinded"
    A clear example of how you agree with me that the process is corrupt.
    The weekends fixtures should not matter.
    All that should be reviewed is the incident itself.

As an aside, I think managers of the non Glasgow two should complain publicly about how the Glasgow Derby is clearly and obviously refereed differently from any other match in Scotland.
    For example, you can 100% guarantee Collum will let tackles go without cards on Sunday that he'd automatically give yellows and reds for in an Aberdeen v Killie game or a Motherwell v St Mirren game.
    I agree that consistency should be applied, but I gather that we all have a differing idea on what that level should be , how it should be applied and what is acceptable.

With that in mind, each game possibly should be managed in the circumstances it presents itself.

As an example, do I send off a player of wipes out a player regardless if I believe that the said offender has lost their footing. Its a very crude example, but I think we would all prefer games where common sense was applied and the referee could adjudge if they thought the foul was deliberate, genuine attempt but miss timed or a simple accident.

Buffon's sending off last year would be a good example of where better refereeing could have handled the situation better.
    Technically, Buffon should have been sent off, but on the occasion, with the timing and the emotional position of the player, I believe if the ref had taken the time to assess the moment, warned Buffon to back off else he would be off and limited to a simple yellow, then I'm sure the authorities and the watching audience would understand.

I want strong referees, who take control and control the game accordingly, someone who commands respect of the players and referees the incidents fairly, regardless of the teams the players play for.

I seem to recall that Pierluigi Collina commanded that respect and seemed to officiate pretty well.
    That's the standard that should be aspired to.

This particular decision does stink of them protecting an inept referee because he's refereeing the scum game on Sunday.
    The weegie press would be "how can they give the biggest game in the world (ha! ha!) to a ref who's had a sh1te, game changing decision rescinded"

As an aside, I think managers of the non Glasgow two should complain publicly about how the Glasgow Derby is clearly and obviously refereed differently from any other match in Scotland.
    For example, you can 100% guarantee Collum will let tackles go without cards on Sunday that he'd automatically give yellows and reds for in an Aberdeen v Killie game or a Motherwell v St Mirren game.
    This pisses me off also.

Other clubs will have players suspended partly owing to offences being yellow carded that won't be in a bigots match.

I've more than once heard ex-refs practically boasting about this, proud of their supposed ability to referee a bigots match differently from other matches because of the "sensitivities". That it's unfair to other clubs never crosses their minds, because when push comes to shove other clubs don't matter.

This pisses me off also.

Other clubs will have players suspended partly owing to offences being yellow carded that won't be in a bigots match.

I've more than once heard ex-refs practically boasting about this, proud of their supposed ability to referee a bigots match differently from other matches because of the "sensitivities". That it's unfair to other clubs never crosses their minds, because when push comes to shove other clubs don't matter.

Panel of an ex-player, ex-manager and ex-referee is what you need.

I suggest Willie Miller.

Fair play to Stevie Clarke........called it right.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Fair play to Stevie Clarke........called it right.
    Classy statement he released.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Classy statement he released.
    Fans up and down Scotland should sing Dicker's name in defiance of the SFA. It's a shocking decision and Clarke is spot on.

Errr ... a name like Dicker? ... Nah ... naebody will be singin ... yer intention is sound .. but in practice? ... nah ... nae happenin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123