+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dicker red card upheld

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s not about punishing Kilmarnock or Dicker. It’s about protecting that f*cking useless chocolate who gave the card. He’s got an OF game at the weekend

yup

Absolutely shocking.
    Morelos, Brown and Naismith were all worse.
    Never a red card.
    Shocking inconsistency by the panel.

That was barely even a yellow, never mind a red. More proof that Scottish football is bent.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely shocking.
    Morelos, Brown and Naismith were all worse.
    Never a red card.
    Shocking inconsistency by the panel.
    It’s not the same panel as far as I understand it
    They didn’t make the decisions on the players cited above?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    There's no inconsistency. The filth and the filth are protected, and every other ****er gets booted in the collective knackers.

I'm awaiting Mackay-Steven's citation for nutting the Hibs full back....
    GMS was booked on Saturday therefore he cannot be cited.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think certain people on here who pride themselves on their "objective" outlook, let subjectivism get in the way.

It's inconsistent because it's basically just not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    That was barely even a yellow, never mind a red. More proof that Scottish football is bent.
    Agree...

But folk keep paying to watch and support this, so they must be happy with this blatant bias in the game.

It will only get worse, oh wait can it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It shouldn't matter who is on the panel.
    Evidently the system is corrupt when considering these separate panel decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think certain people on here who pride themselves on their "objective" outlook, let subjectivism get in the way.

It's inconsistent because it's basically just not very good.
    I disagree. There's ****loads of examples of prejudice getting in the way of objectivity on these forums, but this isn't an instance of it.

The Scottish football media, including ex professional players, having seen slow-mo replays etc and not, to put it mildly, having an anti-Sevco agenda, were pretty much unanimous that Morelos red card was a red and that Dicker's wasn't.

You have to question how the panels, however constituted, came to the exactly opposite conclusion of near unanimous informed opinion.

The Dicker one is easier to understand. The decision is wrong, but the panel will lean towards protecting the referee and give him the benefit of any doubt. It's how institutions work. I don't like it, but there's plenty of precedent for what they did.

The Morelos one was simply outrageous. The panel ignored the evidence and hung officials out to dry out of fear of one club. I have no doubt that if a player from any other club (apart from possibly Celtic) had been the perpetrator the red would have been upheld. In fact I don't believe any other club would have bothered with an appeal.

That's not lack of objectivity, it's plain truth.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It shouldn't matter who is on the panel.
    Evidently the system is corrupt when considering these separate panel decisions.
    Your moaning about the lack of consistency
    So it does matter who's on the panel.
    You'll never get the consistency you want if it's a different panel each time.
    They should have the same panel of 3 for a season.
    Two ex-refs and an ex player, or two ex-players and an ex-ref.

This particular decision does stink of them protecting an inept referee because he's refereeing the scum game on Sunday.
    The weegie press would be "how can they give the biggest game in the world (ha! ha!) to a ref who's had a sh1te, game changing decision rescinded"

As an aside, I think managers of the non Glasgow two should complain publicly about how the Glasgow Derby is clearly and obviously refereed differently from any other match in Scotland.
    For example, you can 100% guarantee Collum will let tackles go without cards on Sunday that he'd automatically give yellows and reds for in an Aberdeen v Killie game or a Motherwell v St Mirren game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast