+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor Shaughnessy

Conor Shaughnessy

People still believe hes good enough after last night debacle? Horrendous mistake for the pen after 2 mins, he couldn't keep his cool. 2nd goal he must of back peddled about 50 yards and still didn't put a tackle in...

Add to this the horror show at Newport (inc' OG), the pen he gave away on his debut and far too many other mistakes along the way surely the kid is not good enough and at 22 are we really going to see an improvement?

Makes even less sense how we let Paudie O'Connor go on loan. Should of kept him and ditched Conor the clown instead.

Agree mate
    O'connor looked quite assured and steady towards the back end of last season - and a far better bet than Shaugnessy who looked pants.

He's a bit of a disaster, has a touch of the Frank Spencer's about him

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Agree mate
    O'connor looked quite assured and steady towards the back end of last season
    Yes, really strange decision, but I can only assume it was with Bielsa's blessing, so obviously he thinks otherwise.....

Unfortunately a disaster waiting to happen.

would it be wrong of me to point out, the kid has just come back off a pretty long injury, made his first start under a new manager, hes undoubtedly gonna look rusty

I hope the kid comes back stronger from this, yes it wasnt a great performance but christ it isnt like hes tried to play bad on purpose or owt

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    would it be wrong of me to point out, the kid has just come back off a pretty long injury, made his first start under a new manager, hes undoubtedly gonna look rusty

I hope the kid comes back stronger from this, yes it wasnt a great performance but christ it isnt like hes tried to play bad on purpose or owt
    not wrong at all but very sensible and fair

I don't think he is the best but unfair to judge him this year based off one performance after a long time out, bit like Jansson first game back when he looked pish.

Bielsa will want him more for the fact he is a good passer of the ball than anything, the fact he is a centre back is second in importance.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I don't think he is the best but unfair to judge him this year based off one performance after a long time out, bit like Jansson first game back when he looked pish.

Bielsa will want him more for the fact he is a good passer of the ball than anything, the fact he is a centre back is second in importance.
    Based my opinion on all his performances since his debut, I think O'connor was a better player - thats all
    agree with Clive though - hope he improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Based my opinion on all his performances since his debut, I think O'connor was a better player - thats all
    agree with Clive though - hope he improves.
    Bielsa though.

If I judged this squad based on previous performances we'd be in the relegation zone. Likes of Roofe, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Cooper, BPF and Berardi as a centre back are all far better than I could have anticipated.

I've not thought Shaughnessy is that good nor did Paudie ever look anything other than average but with Bielsa coaching players seem to up their game so who knows, Shaughnessy could come good, he will never have a better chance to make a name for himself and develop as a player so he and the rest of our squad especially youngsters should count their lucky stars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)