+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please eat humble pie AH

Please eat humble pie AH

Why sack a young, enthusiastic upcoming manager and replace him with exactly the same?

I was never a great fan of KN but with him and AH at the helm at least we've had a little more to be cheerful about so cannot for the life of me to waste 400k on getting Harry Kewell when it could be spent on getting rid of Duffy, Jones & co and strengthening our dismal defence.

I would like to see Nolan reinstated along with a decent DOF to advise as I would genuinely like him to succeed as after 50 years of supporting Notts I am sick, tired and ashamed of the manager merry go round reputation we have at the club and honestly thought AH would be different.

I thought it was time for a change, yet I find myself agreeing with you. *Shakes head in total disbelief*

Jesus, I can't believe some of the stuff people are saying. I hate to be a sycophant, but where would Notts be without AH? Someone in the Red rag commented that HK would get the Jamie Fullarton treatment, but I don't recall Jamie Fullarton playing in a fecking Champions League final.

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    Why sack a young, enthusiastic upcoming manager and replace him with exactly the same?

I was never a great fan of KN but with him and AH at the helm at least we've had a little more to be cheerful about so cannot for the life of me to waste 400k on getting Harry Kewell when it could be spent on getting rid of Duffy, Jones & co and strengthening our dismal defence.

I would like to see Nolan reinstated along with a decent DOF to advise as I would genuinely like him to succeed as after 50 years of supporting Notts I am sick, tired and ashamed of the manager merry go round reputation we have at the club and honestly thought AH would be different.
    Astonished if you think Nolan would listen to a DOF, unless it was Sam of course. He never admitted to being wrong, best rid of him. Agree re Kewell though.

Good post. I have gone from thinking Nolan should be given more time , glad he's gone , should be reinstated. Yeah he's made mistakes but who hasn't . He seemed to have a genuine passion for the club and the players , some ex players also spoke highly of him . I really think given time he could have turned things around with a couple of additions to the squad. And what does Kewell know about Notts and what we need ? 400k FFS, Crawley must think them idiots are on the phone again , stick a couple of noughts on.
    Last edited by navypie; 29-08-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Not sure if you'd been to any/many games or not this season Robins but there wasn't much to be cheerful about if you'd seen us play. Lincoln was the final straw imo, the players just didn't look like they cared in the second half.

As for the 400k

1. Did i miss the announcement on Kewell?

2. No, it can't be spent on players until January, by that stage of the season if we're still in desperate need of defenders and a goalkeeper any hope of promotion will be long gone. When Nolan arrived he turned around the form of the defenders, specifically Duffy, the right manager will hopefully balance the team and get them playing to the level that they were at before last christmas.

Let me get this right, Kewell and Nolan are “exactly the same” because they’re about the same age and they used to play in the Premier League? I’ve read something similar a few times now, and it’s complete nonsense. Are you a Forest fan?

If we did pay Crawley 400 grand in compo, that would be ridiculous as well, but I’m confident we won’t because Hardy isn’t a f00king idiot. I believe it’s called a “negotiating tactic”.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Jesus, I can't believe some of the stuff people are saying. I hate to be a sycophant, but where would Notts be without AH? Someone in the Red rag commented that HK would get the Jamie Fullarton treatment, but I don't recall Jamie Fullarton playing in a fecking Champions League final.
    And what exactly has playing in a Champions League final got to do with managerial ability?
    If playing ability was the yardstick we would have been promoted last season?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If we did pay Crawley 400 grand in compo, that would be ridiculous as well, but I’m confident we won’t because Hardy isn’t a f00king idiot. I believe it’s called a “negotiating tactic”.
    I agree, and I hope you're right!

£400k would be more than enough to reinforce our defence and midfield!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    And what exactly has playing in a Champions League final got to do with managerial ability?
    It means he isn't a nobody with a PowerPoint presentation like Fullarton. He has experience of playing at the top level. That counts for little if you're not prepared to start at the bottom, but he is. How can anyone compare him to Fullarton?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast