+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Please eat humble pie AH

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Nolan saves us from relegation . Nolan takes us to the play offs . Nolan should have ben given more time.
    Nolan 2017 good, Nolan 2018 not good. Trend going backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I was talking about on here.
    So only here matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If it was like that then yes, but really it was Nolan misses out on automatic promotion after bad run.
    Nolan did a great job getting a crap team anywhere automatic promotion.

Nolan saves us from relegation . Nolan takes us to the play offs . Nolan should have ben given more time.
    It's one of those debates that will go on forever, similar to when Keith Curle and Martin Allen were fired. I agreed with Curle going, but I was furious when Martin Allen was sacked, yet even I'll admit that their situations were quite similar at the time of dismissal. They were both on moderately poor runs of results after previously good runs, and it boils down to individual opinion about whether they would have turned things around or not.

If it was me, I would have allowed Nolan at least two more consecutive defeats before pulling the trigger, and if that hadn't happened, my second test would have been that we must have reached the top half of the table by the end of October. But I can also see the argument that form under Nolan had been poor for 8 months, that we'd had a shocking start to the season, and that you might not have wanted to trust his judgement on more signings leading up to the loan window closing.

As I've said in other threads, the bottom line is that Alan Hardy owns the club and it's his opinion that matters, and so it should be. The club ceased to be run collectively (if it ever was) by supporters in 2009.

So only here matters?
    For the purposes of this thread yes.

...Nolan's tactics take us to the bottom of the football league. Nolan cannot get players to perform. Nolan's had to go.

New manager here tomorrow. New players arriving tomorrow. Jam tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Scoop Curtis=Puppet on a string
    But don't they need to be in some ways?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456