+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton Post Match Thoughts

Have to agree with IBS and Im glad we are out of this waste of space comp. Great day out for those that went but we need everyone fit and ready for our Championship survival battle

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Regarding money, I saved my self around £70 tonight not going.

Delighted I didn't.
    Stop winding people up,tib,top marks to the 2000 who made the journey,i am sure you left feeling proud of our team,the lads did as much as the could,against top quality opposition. utm

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Have to agree with IBS and Im glad we are out of this waste of space comp. Great day out for those that went but we need everyone fit and ready for our Championship survival battle
    Surprised at you, gm. No one objects to IBS calling this a meaningless competition or being pleased we are out of it but do you really agree with his use of the term "mugs" to describe those Millers who went or his gloating over the cost they incurred?

31,972 the biggest attendance for a League Cup second round tie at Goodison since beating Tranmere Rovers 4-0 in September 1968.

They only came to see the Millers 😉

45% gate receipt for every home away match from Round 1 to Wembley Final
    Part of broadcasting money to teams whos matches shown live on UK Time
    £100,000 for the winner of EFL Cup
    £50,000 for the runnerups.
    Europa League place for the winners or runner ups (in case winners qualified throught league system)
    Last edited by millertop; 30-08-2018 at 09:29 AM.

45%

"20 Financial Rules

20.1 The proceeds of all matches (including replayed matches and admittance to the Visiting Club’s home ground where a beam back is provided) after paying thereout the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club, the ground and other expenses of the match including Value Added Tax, floodlighting of the playing pitch and ancillary lighting (not to exceed £200), advertising, printing, postage, police charges, turnstile operators, stewards, contribution to first aid helpers, costs incurred pursuant to Rule 14.7 [goal line technology] and clearing the ground of snow, provided in the case of the last mentioned item the Visiting Club is notified in advance of the match in question of the approximate cost (such net proceeds being hereinafter referred to as ‘the Net Cup Competition Gate’) shall save as set out below be divided as follows:

20.1.1 45 per cent to each Club taking part in such match; and

20.1.2 10 per cent to the Cup Competition Pool (hereinafter called ‘the Pool Account’) the proceeds of which are to be divided at the end of the Competition in the ratio 1:1 between:

(a) the Clubs in The Premier League; and

(b) the Clubs in The League.

20.1.3 In the Semi-Final and Final Rounds only, a sum of up to 6.3 per cent of the Net Cup Competition Gate shall be paid to The League (to be utilised by the League as appropriate). The remaining proceeds of each such match shall be divided between the two Clubs in question and the Pool Account in the proportions referred to in Rule 20.1 above provided always that as regards the Final Tie and any replay thereof, where a Club sells match tickets, it does so on behalf of The League and shall pay forthwith into the Pool Account the proceeds of sale and shall send to The League within 28 days of the said match a final statement of account and ticket reconciliation and shall pay into the Pool Account any balance due whether the Club has received payment or not. Within seven days of the Final Tie The League shall send to each Club participating in such match 50% (fifty per cent) of his estimate of the amount which that Club will be entitled to receive out of the net gate receipts for that match.

20.2 Each Home Club shall send the appropriate shares of the Net Cup Competition Gate to the Visiting Club and to The League, together with a statement of the calculations thereof within ten days of the match.

20.3 For all Competition matches (other than the Final), the visting Club may claim travel expenses incurred (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match) at the following rates:

20.3.1 standard class railway fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

20.3.2 air fares for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

20.3.3 actual cost of motor coach hire (not exceeding £2,400). 20.4 For all Competition matches (other than the Final), subject to Rule 20.5, the visting Club may also claim hotel expenses incurred (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match) at the following rates:

20.4.1 for an overnight stay, for up to 24 persons for the Players and officials of the visiting club at a maximum rate of £100 per person; or

20.4.2 where there is no overnight stay, a maximum of £450 (where necessarily incurred).

20.5 A visting Club shall only be entitled to claim overnight hotel expenses where it would not be possible for the visting Club to return to its home stadium or training ground (as applicable) within 5 hours (including a stop of not more than 45 minutes) of the conclusion of the match. Any hotel expenses (overnight or otherwise) shall be agreed between the home Club and visiting Club in advance. Any disputes shall immediately be referred to The League for settlement and whose decision will be final.

20.6 In respect of the Final, each Club shall be entitled to claim (and the amount claimed shall be an expense of the match): 20.6.1 travel expenses incurred in accordance with the rates set out in Rule 20.3; and

20.6.2 hotel expenses for one night, for up to 24 persons at a maximum rate of £100 per person.

20.7 In cases where the receipts are not sufficient to cover the expenses of the match, the Home Club shall share the losses with the Visiting Club, with the Visiting Club paying to the Home Club the relevant proportion of the loss within four**** days of notification by the Home Club of such losses, accompanied by a detailed statement setting out the receipts and expenses in connection with such match, signed by a duly authorised officer of the Home Club. The Management Committee shall, however, be empowered to reimburse both Clubs for such loss, at its discretion."

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/abou...--regulations/

Based on Everton's average gate receipts of £14m a season, a rough guestimate would be £200k.

Another wind up.

The title of the thread is clear , should receive a yellow imo

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Surprised at you, gm. No one objects to IBS calling this a meaningless competition or being pleased we are out of it but do you really agree with his use of the term "mugs" to describe those Millers who went or his gloating over the cost they incurred?
    Not saying anyone's a mug for going Monty, like I said it would have been a great day out for those who went, I just think our ambitions lay in a different direction and this competition has lost its appeal for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbiz View Post
    Based on Everton's average gate receipts of £14m a season, a rough guestimate would be £200k.
    I would go a bit less that that because of cheap tickets but don't think you are too far away. My finger in the air estimate was about 150k. Well worth it in my opinion. If 30,000 Everton fans are prepared to turn up and watch their reserves vs our reserves then brilliant. Good opportunity for the likes of Wiles / Robertson / Forde etc. to get a game.

I didn't go because of work. I did go to the Wigan game which was a total none event and a very poor turnout from both sets of fans, but it proves that if you get a prem team in round 2 it is worth being in the competition.

Not saying anyone's a mug for going Monty, like I said it would have been a great day out for those who went, I just think our ambitions lay in a different direction and this competition has lost its appeal for me personally.
    Gm, if you took my comment as a criticism of you then I phrased it badly as that was never my intention. Regards.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast