+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Applause on 31 mins...

Applause on 31 mins...

Reading on F-Book about plans for applause at 31 min mark on Sat, for some young lad, 31, who died of the horrible Big C. Anyone off here, or some one known by our posters?

Whoever you are mate,RIP

This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?
    What's your problem with it if people want to show their sympathy and solidarity in that way?

who they have never heard of?
    of WHOM they have never heard.

It’s not clapping 31 times it’s clapping for the 31st minute.
    I think it’s a good idea, doesn’t hurt anyone to do it, makes people think about the horrible illness, maybe even prompts some to get checks.

For those who have no idea why everyone is clapping they may actualy research why and come across this post or the one on Facebook thus making people aware.

Have to agree with you, maybe club's should set aside a game where either a minutes applause or silence is held to remember those fans who have passed away during the season. That would be the better way surely? Otherwise, it seems only those known on social media get remembered? What about Joe Blogs who came done the lane for 80 years who has never been on the internet who passed away that no one knows about? Seems more fitting to have a day where everyone is remembered rather than a select few every few matches

I have to agree. no disrespect at all to the family. but people die every day of the week. it could get silly. I don't think there should be minutes silence/ applause every time a fan dies.

Given the lads age, I shall be joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    of WHOM they have never heard.
    Did your grammatical correction in anyway enhance meaning?

Firstly, condolences to the lad's family and friends. I do however have to agree with the consensus that it can get a bit much. Again no disrespect but agree that every season we should have one game where the club honours fans, employees or others associated with the club during the previous 12 months with a minutes applause before kick off and if people want recognition have a feature in the match day program and on the clubs website maybe?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast