+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Applause on 31 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The lad has my respect mate and I shall be joining in the applause . I can't believe some on here . Just don't post , just don't .
    ^^This^^

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?
    Why should a show of sympathy be reserved for celebrities or well known people? if you don't want to join in then don't but I would sooner applaud a fellow Pie that someone who has had all the advantages in life.

This is getting silly. Without meaning any disrespect, what is the point of 5,000 people clapping 31 times to reflect the age of someone dying who they have never heard of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying don't pay respects to anyone but just trying to suggest a more poignant way of doing it. There are loads of times people just start clapping and people are asking what it's about, surely a better way would be to have an announced thing before a match?

Also, from a more logistical, how is this going to be conducted? The scoreboard is broken so nobody will really know, if the game is really engrossing (we can hope!) People are going to miss it. Again, maybe a better way would be to coordinate with the club and do something pre-match?
    I don’t disagree with you Chicken_Balti, however there currently isn’t a memorial for all supporters lost and whilst other suggestions are welcome, the correct avenue to actually get that started would be to suggest it to the club, it’s an irrelevant suggestion in this thread as I’m just trying to initiate some love and respect for my friend and a popular Notts County supporter, not change the way it’s done in future. This is obviously unofficial so join in if you want or don’t, it’s really that simple.

https://www.facebook.com/donate/2030...1958780450194/

As has been mentioned, Ben has a partner and two year old daughter and a fellow Pie has set up a fund on Facebook to help the family with funeral costs. I'm sure any donations and help that can be given would be gratefully appreciated.

The lad has my respect mate and I shall be joining in the applause . I can't believe some on here . Just don't post , just don't .
    This, jeez, you have to be a mean minded s.o.a.b not to give up 30 secs of your time to show some respect to some poor lad who's been taken away from this life, prematurely.

Also just to add my thoughts on other avenues of paying respects - anyone who went to Coventry away (first game of last season) will have sat through all of half time listening to their obituaries with sad music played over the top of around 100 fans that had lost their lives over the previous season. IMO it was an absolute atmosphere killer (not that there was much of one anyway). Just my two pennies worth. Again, it’s a separate issue to the thread as I’m hardly likely to get something like that set up two days before the match.

I knew Ben when he was 18 years of age when he joined a football club I ran.
    He had notts county running through his body and at any time didn’t need much of an excuse to talk notts county.
    As a person he was a very respectful young man,a gentle giant who didn’t have a bad word for anyone.
    When Saturday came it’s was notts county
    So for anyone that feels it’s not really necessary for an applause!!!
    Are you kidding!
    I thought supporting notts county we were one big family
    Ben Hastings....rest in peace now young man
    May those magpies fly you peacefully to that place of rest
    God bless
    X

Without meaning any disrespect, why do you care? Is Saturday one of the games you will be attending this season? If you will be there, please don't feel any pressure to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I knew Ben when he was 18 years of age when he joined a football club I ran.
    He had notts county running through his body and at any time didn’t need much of an excuse to talk notts county.
    As a person he was a very respectful young man,a gentle giant who didn’t have a bad word for anyone.
    When Saturday came it’s was notts county
    So for anyone that feels it’s not really necessary for an applause!!!
    Are you kidding!
    I thought supporting notts county we were one big family
    Ben Hastings....rest in peace now young man
    May those magpies fly you peacefully to that place of rest
    God bless
    X
    Sounds like a great lad Mac.

RIP Young Ben.

Can I just remind you of my original post?

Now those of you who think we should all be beaten into submission, please reflect on what I actually said.
    I think setting up a fund for his fiancee and daughter would make so much more sense. It would be respectful and downright useful.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast