+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan window closes tomorrow at 5pm.

Loan window closes tomorrow at 5pm.

Time is fast running out for a new manager to be appointed in time to take advantage of the Loan Transfer Window. By common consent, we are in need strengthening GK, CB, and midfield.

Alan Hardy appears to be in difficult position given he has to appoint a replacement for KN, and allow the new incumbent time to bring in much needed reinforcements.

By nature, I am a positive person, but am beginning to fear that by the time the next window opens in January, it may be too late. Is it just me, or do others here share my concerns?

More important than the manager appointment at this stage. Whoever it is needs commanding defenders and a keeper that will take control of his area. If it is Kewell I will be disappointed but it he then announces three quality signings I will be delighted.

Bit like Brexit, innit? Things are taking some kind of shape but is there sufficient time for the ink to dry on the contract?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Bit like Brexit, innit? Things are taking some kind of shape but is there sufficient time for the ink to dry on the contract?
    Yes to both !!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That is only because we have a remoaning Prime Minister in charge who's heart is not really in it.

I have more faith in Alan Hardy to do the right thing!

I would expect / hope / pray that one of the other members of the Board - Darren Fletcher for example - has been working to line a player or 2 up. Preferably hod carrying, "built like a brick sh1thouse" centre backs. If not, the week has been wasted on the playing front. Everyone's focus has been on the managerial merry go round, it's to be hoped the players have been putting a proper shift in on the training ground, and DF has been active behind the scenes.