+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock Official Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Despite comments above that Considine is one of Deek's favourites it's been clear that from the minute McInnes got here that he didn't consider Andy good enough to be a first choice central defender (in sharp contrast to, say, Calderwood who had him in there every week). Another thing I don't remember seeing anyone give Deek credit for getting right.

Stewart's goal was sublime and anyone who remembers him from Dundee knows he's got that in his locker. But he also scored it because he was up against two makeshift central defenders. Considine is a St Mirren level central defender, but we're an SPL side shopping in the bargain basement for players, good central defenders are hard to come by even further up the financial pecking order, and as emergency cover we're probably doing pretty well to have even someone of Considine's ability. But could he cost you goals against a player as clever as Stewart can be on his game? No doubt.
    You say he didn't see him as a first choice central defender, but he has played over 200 times for Deek alone since 2013 - So he is one of Deek's favourites because he might not be a centre back but he is far from a left back! He should have been replaced years ago and it's been a massive problem with our transfer activity and squad for years.

It's a shocking indictment that Andy has been here all this time. He's not always as poor but it was only killie and he couldn't handle there striker. I fear for us this season. Hope I'm wrong but it's been a p!ss poor transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I thought maybe 11k. Mate thought 13K. I thought he was joking. Saw paper today and 14k. Surprised.
    Yes, probably about 11K would be right. gaps all over, upper Donald empty .
    I 've no idea when/why they've started lying about attendances. some marketing ploy no doubt.
    If it's season ticket holders not turning up, they are not attending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Yes, probably about 11K would be right. gaps all over, upper Donald empty .
    I 've no idea when/why they've started lying about attendances. some marketing ploy no doubt.
    If it's season ticket holders not turning up, they are not attending.
    You forgot to add in the DNA attendees, they are special to the club and count as two.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You forgot to add in the DNA attendees, they are special to the club and count as two.
    Maybe try and rein it in a bit?

As I understand it season ticket holders are being counted as having attended even if they haven't. That's why the crowd was given as 14k when it clearly wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maybe try and rein it in a bit?
    No chance

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    DM's opinion is that the shoulder injury needs surgery
    Nice to see Derek has options once he gets sacked here he can be a doctor according to afcmad

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Nice to see Derek has options once he gets sacked here he can be a doctor according to afcmad
    Really?????
    I'm sure the rest of the board understood that DM was sharing the opinion of the medical team at Aberdeen.
    We didn't actually hear from them, DM was the spokesman on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Our club, much like many others count season ticket seats as part of the crowd, whether they are filled or not, nothing new there and in general, does it really matter?

SF

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast