+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's done! Manager + players

Wow. He certainly doesn’t let the grass grow under his feet. Not just getting one manager and 2-5 players, all in the space of a few days, but also interviewing 7 other candidates, some of whom he had to get permission to speak to. And quite a few Twitter posts too, which must have filled in the odd spare moment. I’d hate to have his phone bill.

Whether this week’s events lead to success or not (and we won’t know that for a few months to come), you can’t fault Hardy for lack of effort or enthusiasm, and he’s definitely got Notts best interests at heart. He deserved it before, but he’s once again earned the fans’ full backing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Wow. He certainly doesn’t let the grass grow under his feet. Not just getting one manager and 2-5 players, all in the space of a few days, but also interviewing 7 other candidates, some of whom he had to get permission to speak to. And quite a few Twitter posts too, which must have filled in the odd spare moment. I’d hate to have his phone bill.

Whether this week’s events lead to success or not (and we won’t know that for a few months to come), you can’t fault Hardy for lack of effort or enthusiasm, and he’s definitely got Notts best interests at heart. He deserved it before, but he’s once again earned the fans’ full backing.
    I think he's deserved that from day one. I've got a gripe about his Twitter habits, but that's my only reservation, and only because I don't think it's always in his best interests.

Harry Kewell (assuming it is him) wouldn't have been my choice, but frankly that doesn't matter. Alan Hardy owns the club and he's absolutely entitled to appoint the guy he sees as the right one. If I had bought the football club outright, I would do the same. You can never please everyone anyway, so you may as well please yourself and stand or fall doing what you think is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post

Absolutely agree. He may be an egotistical arse at times, but you cannot fault his commitment. well done AH. Can somebody assure me that Duffy has played his last game at Notts. Perhaps then I'll sleep at night....

I'm looking forward to it all now, just get him in and the players then let's get this promotion bid back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Absolutely agree. He may be an egotistical arse at times, but you cannot fault his commitment. well done AH.
    I know quite a few people with big egos who are well intentioned, hard-working folk. In some lines of work you need a big ego and plenty of self-confidence to fend off the naysayers and maintain a clear sense of direction and purpose.

Sorry for Kevin Nolan, but hats off to Alan Hardy, now let's all get behind the team.

But with such a mish-mash and the season well underway, you have to ask how long will it take them all to gel ... or become jelly?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    But with such a mish-mash and the season well underway, you have to ask how long will it take them all to gel ... or become jelly?
    I certainly don't think anybody should be talking about play-offs or promotion right now, no matter what the club or the bookies or the fans were saying at the start of the season. The first objective is to get enough results, be that wins or draws, to get well clear of the bottom of the table, then we can breathe out a bit and re-assess.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I certainly don't think anybody should be talking about play-offs or promotion right now, no matter what the club or the bookies or the fans were saying at the start of the season. The first objective is to get enough results, be that wins or draws, to get well clear of the bottom of the table, then we can breathe out a bit and re-assess.
    and hopefully get that bloody defence that's been promised since RTs time sorted before next season starts. Build from the back, build from clean sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    and hopefully get that bloody defence that's been promised since RTs time sorted before next season starts. Build from the back, build from clean sheets.
    Absolutely. If there really are four or five signings arriving tomorrow, I hope two of them are big, dominant centre-halves, because we've been crying out for that for six years. It's more important in this league than any other. Think Strodder, Redmile, Lee etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast