+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this 1 of the newbies

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    He is a ball playing center back KCNotts, I have seen him play numerous times here in the League of Ireland, always thought he would move to an English club at Championship level... I would be well happy if this happens.
    How is he at defending set pieces? Hopefully not be a problem if we get a commanding keeper but if we are stuck with the count in goal, then we need tall defenders

Both of these will do for me.

What we need at the moment is cool heads, experience and strength. Cool heads at the back, and some strength in midfield and in front of the back four. Karl Henry's disciplinary record doesn't bother me. At least this guy has played where it counts, unlike the previous hothead who wandered round the UK from Carlisle to Gloucestershire to Hartlepool with a few visits to Nottingham sprinkled inbetween, with Christmas off every year.

Henry managed 33 games for Bolton last season. Unless his fitness is deteriorating seriously as a result of advancing years, I think he’d be just the right man to add a bit of meanness to our midfield which is lacking at the moment. A pairing of Henry and Hewitt in central midfield might have the same effect that Hewitt and Yates did in the first half of last season.

That would be a fantastic signing!

A big 10 from Len!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    How is he at defending set pieces? Hopefully not be a problem if we get a commanding keeper but if we are stuck with the count in goal, then we need tall defenders
    He is very decent indeed Balti, he played for Dundalk when they almost got into the champions League proper just 2 years ago and we was outstanding, he was one of the Irish exodus over the water 2 years ago, there are some cracking players in the League of Ireland and I love to see them get the chance over in England... plus it's another Irish man representing the mighty Pies!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12