+ Visit Nottingham Forest FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley

Burnley

Quick end to their European adventure. Trolol.
    I remember their fans acting very smug when they won promotion.
    Now are struggling but in way this exit might benefit their league status.
    Anyway, won't be long before they come down.
    Before the decade is out.

I think they may go down this season. They haven't bought anyone who will improve them, plus that non football style will get sussed out eventually. Looks like it could be this season. Had they qualified for that Europa league, they would have been committed until Jan to be playing Thurs - Sun and going off to places like Azerbaijan and Bulgaria. But they failed to qualify from the pre-qualifying stage to get into the Europa league having played 6 games. It's strange how the phrase used last season 'Burnley qualify for Europe'. They didn't. They failed to get into Europe in the pre qualifying stage. And lost to the only half decent side in it.

I think it will benefit them not playing in Europe, look how many teams struggle having to travel Thursday and then to play on Sunday?

Sometimes its one of the best things that can happen, getting knocked out of a Cup competition early doors.
    I hope Burnsley can stay up but its not been a good start by them.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I think it will benefit them not playing in Europe, look how many teams struggle having to travel Thursday and then to play on Sunday?
    Indeed and surely the same applies to your club. No more European forays means you should be able to hold the whole Football League on your shoulder.
    Oh wait, you are already doing that, holding up the other 91 clubs!!
    And yeah, another mistake by me, of course you're not in Europe, I was thinking of Juventus. Always get confused between the 2.
    I'll try to remember next time, by using a different method. 1 team is very good, the other... well...is just crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Indeed and surely the same applies to your club. No more European forays means you should be able to hold the whole Football League on your shoulder.
    Oh wait, you are already doing that, holding up the other 91 clubs!!
    And yeah, another mistake by me, of course you're not in Europe, I was thinking of Juventus. Always get confused between the 2.
    I'll try to remember next time, by using a different method. 1 team is very good, the other... well...is just crap.
    I can understand the confusion especially when you are much older than you let on, the old memory plays tricks

I can understand the confusion especially when you are much older than you let on, the old memory plays tricks
    Obviously you're the expert in age related matters, so I'll defer to your 'expertise' - ye old codger!

Obviously you're the expert in age related matters, so I'll defer to your 'expertise' - ye old codger!
    Glad you realise that so I must be right then being that I am the expert.

Glad you realise that so I must be right then being that I am the expert.
    Ah yes, the expert in coffin dodging......

Ah yes, the expert in coffin dodging......
    And sorting out bull s--t

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast