+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing is for sure

One thing is for sure

Appointing Kewell as Manager must have already been in negotiation at the time Nolan was sacked.
    Bookies favourite from the moment it was announced.
    Someone knew summat!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Appointing Kewell as Manager must have already been in negotiation at the time Nolan was sacked.
    Bookies favourite from the moment it was announced.
    Someone knew summat!
    He attended the Yeovil game!

As I have said, more to do with Nolan's condition than his results. You don't keep respect in the dressing room if the players sense you're not 100% on the ball. That will probably have been apparent for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He attended the Yeovil game!
    I'd make a superb detective!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    As I have said, more to do with Nolan's condition than his results. You don't keep respect in the dressing room if the players sense you're not 100% on the ball. That will probably have been apparent for some time.
    I think you're spot on with this! I think Hardy played nice pointing out statistics because it's easier to come back from that saying someone has other issues. This makes Nolan's interview even more perplexing if this was the case, especially as in the interview Nolan had a chance to say what he'd change to fix the problem but decided against it

I think there must have been some earlier discussions with HK because the NEP says he made his desire to talk to Notts clear.
    That also helps with the compensation issue because if Crawley had blocked the move HK would have simply resigned and Crawley would have got nothing.
    Big Al's no mug I imagine any compensation was token if anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    I think there must have been some earlier discussions with HK because the NEP says he made his desire to talk to Notts clear.
    That also helps with the compensation issue because if Crawley had blocked the move HK would have simply resigned and Crawley would have got nothing.
    Big Al's no mug I imagine any compensation was token if anything at all.
    Looks to me like the sequence of events was interviews on Monday/Tuesday, club approaches Crawley, Crawley talk to HK, HK makes clear he wants the Notts job. Crawley agree subject to an agreement on compensation. I think Crawley look good in this, many clubs in the same division would be more awkward.

Is this the first time in I don't know how many year's Notts have taken a manager already employed else where. Anybody know who the last was? Nice to hear he wanted to come seeing the prospect of what route Notts are on.

Warnock from Scarboro wasn't bad

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Is this the first time in I don't know how many year's Notts have taken a manager already employed else where. Anybody know who the last was? Nice to hear he wanted to come seeing the prospect of what route Notts are on.
    Think the last one was Billy Dearden?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast