+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Incoming

Incoming

signing news soon ......

Adam Frizzell from Killie >>>>

https://youtu.be/I6uz6ElUFYs

The only thing is that we need an extra defender. Maybe Queens are still working on that.

We may have decided not to sign a CB given Doyle and Semple have forged a very good partnership and Fordyce should be back in a few weeks.
    May have chosen to spend the money on an extra forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    We may have decided not to sign a CB given Doyle and Semple have forged a very good partnership and Fordyce should be back in a few weeks.
    Very valid point which I had also thought about. With both Brownlie and Fordyce injured any replacement would simply be filling their boots until either was fit again. A prospect no one would fancy for the long term when considering to sign for Queens especially with that Semple/Doyle partnership currently operating so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Now you have put it like that I might even change my mind. Got to say I much prefer Doyle in centre half than Fordyce who tends to hoof the ball forward straight to the opposition. I like the big man but his game has went backwards a bit from when we first signed him.

I cant remember many Queens signings who would have looked equally comfortable at right mid, right back or even centre half . Step forward Michael Doyle !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Now you have put it like that I might even change my mind. Got to say I much prefer Doyle in centre half than Fordyce who tends to hoof the ball forward straight to the opposition. I like the big man but his game has went backwards a bit from when we first signed him.
    I do hope that the signing of Frizzel does not mean a spell on the bench for Stirling as he is a confidence player and at the moment that should be sky high going by his form this season. I always knew that there was a very good player in there as he is currently showing us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I do hope that the signing of Frizzel does not mean a spell on the bench for Stirling as he is a confidence player and at the moment that should be sky high going by his form this season. I always knew that there was a very good player in there as he is currently showing us all.
    I could not agree with you more Spike . I like the way that he has come back to form after looking a certainty for the exit . Very much a confidence player and a good player also. As with all flair players , he will have his good and bad weeks and people should be understanding . This goes with the territory of players that take people on and don't usually seek the safe pass ie far more risk of losing possession.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 31-08-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)