+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Come On Now

Oh Come On Now

Look I'm trying my best to be the calm and dutiful fan but but this is getting a bit silly now isn't it? I'm absolutely sure AH is acting in what he believes to be the best way forward but really we're looking like a bit of a joke.

We've replaced one inexperienced manager with another, but this time we've paid money for him. Look that may work out but you can't tell me it isn't an appointment fraught with danger and downside.

But then we are re-signing a player who just a few weeks ago was released by our soon to deliver promotion "future England manager". Gobsmacked (welcome back Rob btw).

The boardroom is falling apart by the minute and to be frank the way it has happened casts serious doubts about AH. Some call him Nottingham's Donald Trump, when he claims the decision to sack KN was 100% supported by the board I see where they get that from.

You could argue AH is a visionary, and he's appointing the next great Notts manager. More logical is he's a bloke with a lot of ego who really fancies himself as a football owner. Like he does as the "greatest kids football coach in the world". To me, at this momement, he looks like he is in a right old mess.

If it works out then great, but wow am I concerned right now!

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Look I'm trying my best to be the calm and dutiful fan but but this is getting a bit silly now isn't it? I'm absolutely sure AH is acting in what he believes to be the best way forward but really we're looking like a bit of a joke.

We've replaced one inexperienced manager with another, but this time we've paid money for him. Look that may work out but you can't tell me it isn't an appointment fraught with danger and downside.

But then we are re-signing a player who just a few weeks ago was released by our soon to deliver promotion "future England manager". Gobsmacked (welcome back Rob btw).

The boardroom is falling apart by the minute and to be frank the way it has happened casts serious doubts about AH. Some call him Nottingham's Donald Trump, when he claims the decision to sack KN was 100% supported by the board I see where they get that from.

You could argue AH is a visionary, and he's appointing the next great Notts manager. More logical is he's a bloke with a lot of ego who really fancies himself as a football owner. Like he does as the "greatest kids football coach in the world". To me, at this momement, he looks like he is in a right old mess.

COYP

Calm down dear.

Who (and I want names) has ever called him Nottingham’s Donald Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Calm down dear.
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?

Quote Originally Posted by pielover;39000761.
    You could argue AH is a visionary,t o me, at this momement, he looks like he is in a right old mess.

COYP
    Of course he looks: "in a right old mess at the moment", the bloke hasn't slept for a week!

It's a major change bringing in a Director of Football and I believe that this is why Fletcher has gone. I also feel that we are now beginning to see that there were serious problems with Nolan on and off the pitch.

As to Milsom, no world-beater I admit but he will fit in as if he's never been away and he gives us the beginning of a competitive midfield. Let's see what other transfer business we do today before giving way to dispair...
    Last edited by SwalePie; 31-08-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code error

COYP
    Fair points, but he had to act decisively. It's pretty much clear now that Nolan was lost. Apart from Bowyer, who obviously wasn't interested, there was no stand-out candidate, either on here or other media.

Some style and entertainment is necessary for thousands of paying punters, and it seems like Kewell could deliver that where Nolan never would.

Yes, it's a risk and in 92nd place we're in a pretty desperate state. AH has done so much positive stuff in his 18 months in charge that I think we can have just about enough trust in his commitment and judgment to believe he's put us back on the right track

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?

Spot on.

COYP
    You tell me an appointment that isn't fraught with danger and downside.

At the time KN was appointed, he was the right man for the job. We were in such a mess it needed someone who could run through a brick wall and get the players to do the same. It's fairly clear that from Christmas onwards we needed to go over or round the wall, not keep on trying to blast through it. No big surprise therefore that this season started off in the same fashion.

I sense that this appointment will see a playing style which will actually look at the wall first then decide whether to go round through or over.

Crikey these mushrooms are wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I just wish these egotistical owners wouldn't ram "we are merely custodians (of this great club)" down our throat then.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast