+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Come On Now

"Who (and I want names) has ever called him Nottingham’s Donald Trump?"

Tom, Dick and Harry. What a stupid question. If you've never heard it you've not spent much time in ML.

"He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?"

Did I ask for a vote? Can someone please explain why when any post goes up on here discussing the management of the club we get the old "it's not your club it's his" routine?

The only slightly concerning point for me is Darren Fletcher's decision to step down being announced today almost in a way that the news of this was purposely masked by the announcement of Kewell and Milsom etc when it clearly took place a few days ago when he removed Notts from his Twitter bio, it does somewhat suggest to me that something is or was very wrong behind the scenes.

Having said that I'm happy to fully back HK and of course AH, he isn't where he is today by making light decisions and I trust that he's genuinely acting in Notts best interest.

It's funny, I'm fairly sure nobody was particularly pleased when Darren Fletcher was given his role, what with him being a Forest fan and a journo, now all of a sudden him leaving is a big issue? I think the Technical Director thats coming in will basically take his role as has been said by others.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post

"He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?"

Did I ask for a vote? Can someone please explain why when any post goes up on here discussing the management of the club we get the old "it's not your club it's his" routine?

Errrrr, because it's true???

Since AH took over we have had a great FA Cup run, avoided nailed on relegation, play off semi final, the stadium completely full, gates bigger than they have ever been. Crap start to new season, taken decisive action on a number of levels early doors to re-align for the main objective.

A real mess ..... not really. Seems to me a guy who knows what he wants and where he wants to go and is walking the walk. Top man in my book.

Any managerial appointment is a risk whether experienced or not. I don't understand why anyone would think that appointing one inexperienced manager for another is a like for like appointment. Kewell will have a completely different outlook, a completely different approach and a completely different plan. Some virgin managers will go on to have wonderfully successful careers based on these differences whilst others will crash and burn. The proof of the pudding........ We just have to hope that Kewell is the right 'fit' for Notts and get behind him as much as we can.

Tom, Dick and Harry. What a stupid question. If you've never heard it you've not spent much time in ML.

[/QUOTE]

I would think I spend as much time as you at the Lane, every home game. I’ve still never heard anyone call him Nottingham’s Donald Trump. Has anyone else? I’m I missing out?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?
    Until it becomes "our" club when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    I would think I spend as much time as you at the Lane, every home game. I’ve still never heard anyone call him Nottingham’s Donald Trump. Has anyone else? I’m I missing out?[/QUOTE]

Forest fans on twitter call him Fawaz Al Hardy but I've never heard him compared to Trump

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Since AH took over we have had a great FA Cup run, avoided nailed on relegation, play off semi final, the stadium completely full, gates bigger than they have ever been. Crap start to new season, taken decisive action on a number of levels early doors to re-align for the main objective.

A real mess ..... not really. Seems to me a guy who knows what he wants and where he wants to go and is walking the walk. Top man in my book.
    Absolutely. There have been a few posts in the last few weeks saying that our problems were deeper than just a few new players being bedded in. I believe they were and I believe that is why Al has acted, ie, it wasn't JUST the poor results this year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast