+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Come On Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh Come On Now

Look I'm trying my best to be the calm and dutiful fan but but this is getting a bit silly now isn't it? I'm absolutely sure AH is acting in what he believes to be the best way forward but really we're looking like a bit of a joke.

We've replaced one inexperienced manager with another, but this time we've paid money for him. Look that may work out but you can't tell me it isn't an appointment fraught with danger and downside.

But then we are re-signing a player who just a few weeks ago was released by our soon to deliver promotion "future England manager". Gobsmacked (welcome back Rob btw).

The boardroom is falling apart by the minute and to be frank the way it has happened casts serious doubts about AH. Some call him Nottingham's Donald Trump, when he claims the decision to sack KN was 100% supported by the board I see where they get that from.

You could argue AH is a visionary, and he's appointing the next great Notts manager. More logical is he's a bloke with a lot of ego who really fancies himself as a football owner. Like he does as the "greatest kids football coach in the world". To me, at this momement, he looks like he is in a right old mess.

If it works out then great, but wow am I concerned right now!

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Look I'm trying my best to be the calm and dutiful fan but but this is getting a bit silly now isn't it? I'm absolutely sure AH is acting in what he believes to be the best way forward but really we're looking like a bit of a joke.

We've replaced one inexperienced manager with another, but this time we've paid money for him. Look that may work out but you can't tell me it isn't an appointment fraught with danger and downside.

But then we are re-signing a player who just a few weeks ago was released by our soon to deliver promotion "future England manager". Gobsmacked (welcome back Rob btw).

The boardroom is falling apart by the minute and to be frank the way it has happened casts serious doubts about AH. Some call him Nottingham's Donald Trump, when he claims the decision to sack KN was 100% supported by the board I see where they get that from.

You could argue AH is a visionary, and he's appointing the next great Notts manager. More logical is he's a bloke with a lot of ego who really fancies himself as a football owner. Like he does as the "greatest kids football coach in the world". To me, at this momement, he looks like he is in a right old mess.

If it works out then great, but wow am I concerned right now!

COYP

Calm down dear.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Calm down dear.
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?

Spot on.

I just wish these egotistical owners wouldn't ram "we are merely custodians (of this great club)" down our throat then.

Any managerial appointment is a risk whether experienced or not. I don't understand why anyone would think that appointing one inexperienced manager for another is a like for like appointment. Kewell will have a completely different outlook, a completely different approach and a completely different plan. Some virgin managers will go on to have wonderfully successful careers based on these differences whilst others will crash and burn. The proof of the pudding........ We just have to hope that Kewell is the right 'fit' for Notts and get behind him as much as we can.

Until it becomes "our" club when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Until it becomes "our" club when it suits.
    Well it is "our club". Insofar as it's the club that most of us have supported all their lives. But we don't own it, we have an "emotional investment".

Well it is "our club". Insofar as it's the club that most of us have supported all their lives. But we don't own it, we have an "emotional investment".
    When it was 'our club' some of us were more equal than others. I prefer a benevolent dictator, tbh.

Exactly...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast