+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh Come On Now

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Until it becomes "our" club when it suits.
    Well it is "our club". Insofar as it's the club that most of us have supported all their lives. But we don't own it, we have an "emotional investment".

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Since AH took over we have had a great FA Cup run, avoided nailed on relegation, play off semi final, the stadium completely full, gates bigger than they have ever been. Crap start to new season, taken decisive action on a number of levels early doors to re-align for the main objective.

A real mess ..... not really. Seems to me a guy who knows what he wants and where he wants to go and is walking the walk. Top man in my book.
    100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well it is "our club". Insofar as it's the club that most of us have supported all their lives. But we don't own it, we have an "emotional investment".
    When it was 'our club' some of us were more equal than others. I prefer a benevolent dictator, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    Tom, Dick and Harry. What a stupid question. If you've never heard it you've not spent much time in ML.
    I would think I spend as much time as you at the Lane, every home game. I’ve still never heard anyone call him Nottingham’s Donald Trump. Has anyone else? I’m I missing out?[/QUOTE]

Well I have, many times. But anyway, I've edited the original post. Not because it was wrong but because it's just easier!

Edit... Actually it turns out I can't edit the original post so I won't.
    Last edited by pielover; 31-08-2018 at 12:20 PM.

I really don't understand your hysteria. After dropping like a stone at the end of last season and the disastrous start to this there was rightly a lot of concern about the way things were going and whether it was more deep-seated than just players gelling. Even some unsavoury rumours about Nolan. Then Alan acts swiftly, decisively and spends a lot of his own money to sort it and we get this. Would you rather he did nothing ? I don't get your point TBH.

Whatever views we may have regarding the events of the last week, one thing I am sure of is: that all contributors to this thread and others, is that we all have the best interests of Notts County at heart.

Let us all therefore get behind our Chairman, Harry Kewell and the team, and turn out in numbers tomorrow to witness the first win of the season. COYP.

"It's his club, he can do what he wants with it" may well be true, but it's a rather unimaginative way to say that we ought not express an opinion about any of AH's decisions. Ok, but that means you can't express an opinion either. And I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy if he paved over ML and turned it into a car park (ah, but it IS his club and he CAN do that if he wishes!). Who wouldn't be livid?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?
    Exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    "It's his club, he can do what he wants with it" may well be true, but it's a rather unimaginative way to say that we ought not express an opinion about any of AH's decisions. Ok, but that means you can't express an opinion either. And I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy if he paved over ML and turned it into a car park (ah, but it IS his club and he CAN do that if he wishes!). Who wouldn't be livid?
    Thanks for this post. It serves as a timely reminder why I've been a member on here for many years but go through long spells of not posting.

Think actually I will go back to being a reader and not a poster.

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It's funny, I'm fairly sure nobody was particularly pleased when Darren Fletcher was given his role, what with him being a Forest fan and a journo, now all of a sudden him leaving is a big issue? I think the Technical Director thats coming in will basically take his role as has been said by others.
    What role has DF had? The only connection as I can see that DF has had with a DoF is that they have the same initials!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast