+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oh Come On Now

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    "It's his club, he can do what he wants with it" may well be true, but it's a rather unimaginative way to say that we ought not express an opinion about any of AH's decisions. Ok, but that means you can't express an opinion either. And I'm sure you wouldn't be very happy if he paved over ML and turned it into a car park (ah, but it IS his club and he CAN do that if he wishes!). Who wouldn't be livid?
    Turning ML into a car park and changing manager and structure because we are bottom of the league and (were?) sinking fast are rather different things don't you think.

I am disappointed that KN had to go, but having had a few days to think about it rather than knee-jerk, it was a decision that probably had to be taken, and was not an easy one for AH. This week has proved to me that he has the club at heart. HK would probably not have been my choice but AH seems certain he's the man so I'll be behind him 100% now.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    What role has DF had? The only connection as I can see that DF has had with a DoF is that they have the same initials!
    What was Darren Fletcher doing at the club except to provide guidance on footballing matters, like a DoF would? He certainly didn't put any money in the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Turning ML into a car park and changing manager and structure because we are bottom of the league and (were?) sinking fast are rather different things don't you think.
    They are indeed very different things. But the logic that it's HIS club, HIS money, etc., applies to anything he owns and WHATEVER he wants to do with it. So if/when the bulldozers show up, remember that and keep your mouth shut.

Now, I say that with little opinion on what AH is doing. I'm of the view that something obviously needed doing but am a little sceptical as to whether he chose well. But let's face it: in 5-6 years our love affair with AH will be over and he'll wish he owned a car park instead. In the mean time I'll enjoy the ups and downs and take pleasure in analysing each step of the way - even wheb my opinions are ridiculous, which they often are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    What was Darren Fletcher doing at the club except to provide guidance on footballing matters, like a DoF would? He certainly didn't put any money in the pot.
    Exactly, he offered football contacts pretty much. A DoF will do that and more in theory

I'm fully behind AH (kinky) and as they say, may we live in interesting times. Let's see what all the fuss about Kewell is and enjoy ourselves along the way if possible. Look we're bottom and getting spanked every week by mediocrity, let's give this a try on for size and see what happens.

COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post
    The only slightly concerning point for me is Darren Fletcher's decision to step down being announced today almost in a way that the news of this was purposely masked by the announcement of Kewell and Milsom etc when it clearly took place a few days ago when he removed Notts from his Twitter bio, it does somewhat suggest to me that something is or was very wrong behind the scenes.

Having said that I'm happy to fully back HK and of course AH, he isn't where he is today by making light decisions and I trust that he's genuinely acting in Notts best interest.
    They obviously wanted Nolan to stay, That says how much they knew about football. Anyone with half a brain could see that the football was dire and there was only one way we were heading...DOWN.

Muppet Alert Joe, the Board is litered with them matey.😨👍

There's no denying that it's been a turbulent period for the club and it's a concern to have lost another board member, but Notts are not about to crash and burn. I'm excited to find out who the dof (or whatever the title is) will be, something we haven't had since Sven and were crying out for during Trew's reign.

AH now having to employ people to dof(f) their caps in his presence?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He owns the club. His club, his money, his decisions. Not subject to a vote is it?
    Is the correct answer. As fans we have a right to express our agreement or disagreement, but Alan Hardy's opinion as the outright owner is the one that matters. This isn't a democracy and we shouldn't expect it to be. Our right is to either go along and support, or stay at home.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast