+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad Walker

Brad Walker

Today on BBc text have just seen that Brad Walker has gone to Wrexham on a 6 month loan. Think it is probably in the best interests of the lad.

Personally I feel that the lad was never given a fair opportunity here. He is a midfielder, not a centreback or fullback. Wrexham have signed him as a midfielder.

Thing is... there has been talk of another loanee to take his place!! (though unlikely at this late juncture!). Is this spelling the end for BW as when he comes back he'll only have 6 months left on his contract.

Loan player signed at the 11th hour. Corie Whelan from Liverpool. Defender aged 20. Left the Alex at the age of nine to join the Reds. Sounds a good prospect. Walker never really hit the heights for me and was a disappointing signing after so much hype about his Hartlepool performances. One of Artell's poorer signings in my opinion. Eligible to play in that lesser trophy game against Tranmere next week. We can have a good look at O'Connor when he lines up at LB against Macc.

He is going to Wrexham as defensive cover. Artell has made no secret that Walker cannot play on midfield in L2. Well down the pecking order in defence too. Mistakes happen. I hope he does well.

I don't think DA makes the decision on his own. Walker would have been recommended by one of the scouts and a joint decision wpould have been made. It is odd as he has the physical attributes for this league

I always felt his obvious lack of pace was against him in a division where closing down and harrying the opposition seems *****. During parts of last season where we had no pace in that area due to Jones and Wintle being injured and having to play inexperienced players such as Lowery and Pickering we were found out, and Brad did nothing to enhance performance there, except when he came on with 15 minutes to go.

Looks like a CH to me, and no higher than 4th in the Alex pecking order behind Colleen Nolan, Perry and Gorgeous George, so a loan spell makes a lot of sense all round. And no, I’m not forgetting Raynes!

Good luck to the fella and I hope he returns in 6 months time with form demanding a place in the starting line up.

Not involved in the squad at all yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Not involved in the squad at all yesterday.
    Loan was agreed Friday so probably registered too late for Saturday, like Whelan with us.

Posted on our website that he completed the loan to Wrexham on Thursday 30th August well before the Friday midday deadline.

Wreckscum's site says about the lineups "A number of changes, but no Brad Walker as his International Clearance has been held up on the last day rush to get players through on loan."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast